Driving XC looking to kite Friday 10 june

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Driving XC looking to kite Friday 10 june

Postby thelaserman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Hey im Jesse, Im a kiter from San Fran driving XC to my new home in NYC. I just got 3 days in the gorge, and am looking for a place to kite on friday. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thelaserman
Kiter Noob

Re: Driving XC looking to kite Friday 10 june

Postby West » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:39 pm

thinkin' you missed it by a day.....blowin North 25-30 Thurs, but wind looks weak Fri......turning east, and backing off....next time Jesse, drive safe....look for a guy, D'wight kiting in the NYC area.....and wear that Giants World Champs hat to rub it in......
West
Wind Whore

Re: Driving XC looking to kite Friday 10 june

Postby 4w7s » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 pm

thelaserman wrote:Hey im Jesse, Im a kiter from San Fran driving XC to my new home in NYC. I just got 3 days in the gorge, and am looking for a place to kite on friday. Any help is greatly appreciated.

We have a good spot in West MI that we ride on an East. Tomo is supposed to blow hard, but chance for some t-storms (which sometimes never materialize or miss us) if we're not kiting we might be sailing if that's of interest...or you could take a chance and go to Tawas on the East side of MI...and/or if fx changes (and it does often and quickly around here) you might be able to hit Kettle Point (gets great waves sometimes) in Southern Ontario, just East of Sarnia. I often stop there when I drive to/from the East Coast. Cutting thru CN is a good alternative route to NY for me. If you pit stop in Port Huron you can easily make it to Buffalo (gas is more expensive in CN...and a friend just said he paid $17 for a six pack in Toronto...sheesh!) You might need a passport at the border cross.

Not sure how much of a hurry you're in, but Muskegon would probably add 3-4 hours to your trip, Tawas probably +6-8 hrs...you can chart it yourself and see.

There are some spots on Lake Erie but I'm not personally familiar with them.

If you're interested bell me on 847.477.2976 and I can give more details.
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today