Monday - June 27

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Monday - June 27

Postby winter234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi,
My name is John. I have not got to meet any of you guys yet. Im new to kiteboardng. Just finished up a camp and ready to put some time in on the water. Is anybody going to try and get out today? any recommendations where to go?

Look forward to meeting you all!

john
winter234
Board Monkey

Re: Monday - June 27

Postby adseguy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

hey John,

Welcome Welcome! Doesn't look like any wind in the right directions today nor for the next few days either. Summer tends to be quite light on the winds in this area. Once Fall comes through you'll see this forum blowing up with posts to go here and there. Keep an eye out on the "Where to ride" section. People regularly post where they are going and even updates from people on the beach.

What stage are you at in your riding? Can you stay on the board consistently? Go upwind? Starting to jump high?

Looking forward to meeting you too! Cya on the water
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: Monday - June 27

Postby asawyer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 am

Hey all. I am also new to the Chicago Kiteboarding scene. I just moved down from Madison, WI and am living downtown. Fortunately, I have 3 weeks off until I start my new job. So, if it's blowing anywhere from Madison to Southern MI, I am down to ride/carpool/etc. I will keep my eye on the message boards and hope for wind! Looking forward to meetings you all.
Best Bularoo 15m
Liquid Force Havoc 12m
Best Bularoo 10m
Epic Renegade 6m
Liquid Force Mission 144
Liquid Force Proof 151
asawyer
Sand Bagger

Return to Where to Ride Today