Zion tomorrow 7/13

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Zion tomorrow 7/13

Postby West » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:17 am

Yeah, quite a site at Waukegan yesterday.....must say I counted over 20 on the water, while there were still up to 20 pumped up on the beach.....lots of smiles all around!!!! :D :D :D

Sunny, warm, most in board shorts and a top.....North wind in mid July....spectacular. Saw many familiar faces, and met some new kiters. Great to see the old-time youngsters again; Artem, Henry, and Noah, they always bring an enthusiasm to the beach that is refreshing!!!

Didn't pump up a kite myself, cause I am nursing a sore knee.....like the Buddy Guy song says, "I'm old, I can't do the things I used to do, I'm an old mannnnnnnnnn"......but I thoroughly enjoyed watching and hanging, and I brought a slew of BRO boards for folks to pick up and ride!!!

Only bummer of the day, was not seeing the Sheriff make the trek down....Ivo and I got quite a laugh at the mere idea of that happening anyway....we thought the odds were about 100:1!!!!! Maybe someday before hell freezes over we will get the Boygan boyz to make it south of Milwaukee, but don't hold your breath.......just poking some fun at you F16, c u in Shesablowin' soon....hopefully this weekend. :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby Northerner » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 am

Weak sauce on my part, I knew I would be missing wind. I mean who tells a guy to take off of work with a 19th-century thyroid condition and doesn’t come down to kite? I got too hung up on the downwinder. With Zion closed and that out of the picture, along with the wind in the high teens and 20’s here, I didn’t pull the trigger. I tried to kite around 1 and just as always the wind died here and picked up there.

Had no idea the water was so warm down there, not the case here as we are in the low 60’s. South of Milwaukee?? I don’t even make it south of the Sheobygan county line. Worst part of missing out on yesterday would have been cashing in big time. With 100/1 odds, I really would have been turning heads. At least the weather pattern stuck to its plan, so next time I guess.

or maybe not..

You know me West I save my traveling for the big trips that involve ferries or lakes that are superior...
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am

Andrew that sucks and it was some epic riding yesterday. I managed to split my 12m into two when I slammed it on the water really hard and then I had to kite on henry's 9m for the rest of the day. But I was very happy to kite for like 7 or 8 hours during the marginal summer breezes. Hope you come down next time!!
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby IVO » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:38 pm

West and John

phone camera
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby STF » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Dang!

looks like i missed out :twisted:

strange, looks like the thermal bump helped keegs. As i tried kiting at a location between chi and keegs and did not have enough power for my 10m.

was probs only blowing around 12, 13, where i was.
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby gbleck » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Dam zion is still closed. WTF?
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today