Sheboygan again this sunday

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan again this sunday

Postby Northerner » Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 am

Looks like we will get another nice day here tomorrow. I'm thinking we will see the standard operating procedure with wind around 11 until 5:30 and people o 8-13 meter kites depending on their size. I'll update in the morning.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Sheboygan again this sunday

Postby WaWaZat » Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 am

Sweet! I've been watchin' that... thx for the confirmation! Does it need to click east off the straight South forecast for a Mon bonus round?
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Count me in!!
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby WaWaZat » Sat May 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I've extra Primus tix for the Rave in Milwaukee Sun night if anyone wants to get their rage on!

Text me if so; 708.341.0003
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby WaWaZat » Sun May 27, 2012 7:32 am

We still looking good up there?
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Sun May 27, 2012 9:32 am

ANDREW WE ARE WAITING ON THE CALL!!! TEXT ME!! hahaha
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Northerner » Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 am

I just saw the latest forecast and I'm alittle worried about the East in the wind. This front that came through a few hours ago might knock down the sheboygan bump a bit. So I'm not as confident as I was yesterday when the east wind was minimal. With that said there will be more than a 15 degree difference between here and fond du lac and that usually is means wind.

I think we will ride today but it will be around 1 ish. I wish I could give the all thumbs up as in the past but the East wind is to much of a factor today.

With that said sheboygan is most likely the best spot on southern half of the lake today.

So the question is how bad do you want to ride?
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 am

I just returned from a tactical reconnaissance mission down to the lake and took various readings from my observation deck (my front porch). The wind is straight south right now blowing around 15 and building. With clear sky's in the future http://www.wisconline.com/weather/frame ... sible.html and the east wind almost gone am going out on a limb and will say it will happen today from 11:30 until 6ish. I will ride a 12 all day and take 14 hard crashes, with one being on my face. There is a chance that the wind though strong, might just be near the shore and weak 2-300 yards out.

Mike if you do come up I would like to get some sea specs from your traveling big box station wagon store
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

Just came up from the beach to update. One out on a 13 meter right on the inside. Not much wind 100 yards out but feels nice on the bluff. It's blowing almost straight south here but I think that their might just be to much east in the area. I'm hoping it picks up more, not worth it at this pt
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Very odd and slow start to the day. Things looked like they were picking up in the morning only to shut down and switch NE. One kiter got out for awhile on the NE and headed up wind to the hotel. The wind died and stayed dead until 5. With the east wind final gone sheboygan did pop. 5 kiters out on 8-12 meter kite. The last half hour the wind was strong and gusty and I even got out on the 8 meter.

Moral of the story, East wind sucks and does nothing for nobody. Consider it a pattern. At least the people that made the drive got some cooler weather. Mike send me your address so I can get ya for the glasses.

Hoping for something in the morning late tomorrow
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today