Monday Windy Monday..........

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Monday Windy Monday..........

Postby West » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm

yo yo where should I go
to the mecca or nirvana
the sun will rise, the wind will blow
as sure as tomorrow is manana...............shake, rattle and roll; imagine, dream and experience!!!!!!!!!!

(trumpets and violins I hear in the distance) :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Re: Monday Windy Monday..........

Postby adseguy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm

I hope to follow and pick up that board to share with all. :)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Ripshade » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Red Solo Cup,
I fill you up,
Lets have a party....
Ripshade
Wind Chaser

Postby Artem » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:11 pm

I would love to go to sheboygan but I can't because I'm leaving for the gorge for 3 weeks so I guess that makes up for it :wink:
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby xwindsurf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Artem wrote:e I'm leaving for the gorge for 3 weeks

Just post that clip when you're jumping over the bridge in The Dalles, OK? 8)
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Resident Windfreak

Postby Bryce FLK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 pm

wheres errrrybody goin tomorrow?
Bryce

Six-1-Six, 951-244four
7M Yellow Epic Nano
10M Red/Black Airush DNA
12M Black/Blue Airush Vapor X
"If your getting rad and there is no one there to see you get rad, are you really getting rad?" -GNAR
Bryce FLK
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 am

Ripped it and double-dipped it up North on the Michigan side on Monday, cruised up with my bro Jimbo .......water was soooooo damn warm, bout 75 and clear as a bell!!!!!!!!!! Lit 9m, overhead waves, shoreline skimming and bottom turnin' on tangerine colored waters as the summer sun reflected off the dunes and melted into the horizon; simply spectacular....... tagged another short downwinder from Sleeping Bear Dunes the following day, a bit light on the NW but with incredible scenery and those warm waters lapping the sand..........smoked whitefish, sweet cherries, pickled asparagus firestix, organic yellow squash; oh yeah PURE MICHIGAN!!!!

Props to Annie, Rorke's wife who did the downwinder on Monday with us, OUTSTANDING DISPLAY...... :D

The roadtrips always have some non-kiting related highlights, and this one was no different. The lavender pinwheel and mosaic herb garden at Cherry Point by LSP is spellbinding; the lavender was in full-bloom as was the herb garden, and the aromas were intoxicating. The herb garden under the wooden circular trellis was divided into many sections separated by rock formations and pathways: medicinal, biblical, aromatic, stress relief, dyes, insecticide, ornamental, etc......I decided to walk through the garden and "sniff" somewhere in the neiborhood of 30 different herbs, some of which I had never seen or heard of before (raspberry sage, rue, varigated oregano, lime thyme, just to name a few) it was a sensory overload!!!

Another cool thing about the trip was our day 2 downwinder. We hiked the beach for about 3 miles from Empire up to the base of Sleeping Bear Dunes, and though quite a walk, it was well worth the trek. Rigging at the base of the dunes with the Manitou Islands in the distance was awesome....the wind was a bit light, but plenty for a scenic downwind jaunt!!

Remember there's more to the killer "kiting" roadtrip than just the kiting, take the time to enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan and the surrounding areas, and the bounty of the summer harvests........ :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby xwindsurf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Wow, West, it is so refreshing... so far I've heard kiters discussing just one herb :twisted:
Seriously, thanks for the tip - I'm taking my daughter on a road trip around Lake Michigan soon, and will make sure to stop there!
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today