SHESABLOWIN' 25th...........

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

SHESABLOWIN' 25th...........

Postby West » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am

IT'S ALL IN THE LORE.....SAY NO MORE, SAY NO MORE :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Re: SHESABLOWIN' 25th...........

Postby Northerner » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:39 am

Yep fo sure.... She is a blowing

Looking a waist high waves that have been building for the past hour, should be head high this afternoon. Could be riding an 8 or 10 now.

With clear skies over head its only going to keep getting better..
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby grimace » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 pm

grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Postby West » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:04 am

Yeah we almost hit 2 Rivs....but we held tight in boygan and got it good. 8's and 9's all day with head to a little over waves, SSW so the waves were super smooth. Ultra warm waters made it quite the pleasant day on the water. Nice to see the Madison crew along with the regular Sheboygan clan!!!!!!!!! Fun times :D
West
Wind Whore

Postby Northerner » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:51 am

Right on that West.

Started riding around 11ish to winds that would switch from SE, S, SSW and even SW making for strong angry winds. Between 12-1 things turned a true S and even alittle SE at times making for some sweet riding. Most on 8's and surf boards. After riding at the main south beach launch and repeatedly riding the lines down to the hotel we dropped a car off at North beach. What I saw there was not the ordinary, long, clean head to head high and half waves coming in at the Elbow. This was accompanied by a clean SSE wind around 30mph reaching all the way to the beach. Not a bit of chop on waves which were stepper than normal.

Back at south beach most were taking a break from the riding. A few of us rode right down to the Elbow while others went down to the state park for a longer downwinder. 5 of us ended hitting the elbow for two solid hours in the best conditions I have ever seen there. Waves were high head plus on average with length allowing for 5-8 turns on the better waves. A number of my surfing friends were out and I would find myself a few feet away from them sharing a steep face and a turn. The wind started to die and we headed in riding wave after wave to the car. At the beach we all agreed it was some of the best we had ever seen sheboygan. In the top three for me. Wind was coming down quickly but that didn't stop Jens from trying to get the Elbow magic and he headed around the pier. I went home grabbed my Stand up and caught a few waves but really didn't have any gas left in the tank.

Ended the day watching the surfers and stand ups hit the super glassy chest to waist high waves. Also had the pleasure of watching someone with a large red and blue Cabrinha trying two or three times to head out in very holey completely side off to off shore winds that came off a cliff. I don't think their kite was up for more than 10 seconds at a time but that didn't stop'em from trying again and again.

Today I'm dewaxing my Surfboard and getting ready to lay some glass. I have the Slingshot strapless Celeritas and while light, fast and a blast to ride its just to lightly constructed. Yesterday besides the normal heel dents I split the rail and delamed the top sheet from the foam. So I'm going to reinforce the rail and deck with a some 2 oz glass. Love the board but it just can't handle landing airs off the back side of waves.

Can't wait for another day like yesterday
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Big wave John » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Those were some super fun wave!!! Big chest to head blowing the tops off with a smack off the lip !!!!!!
Thanks for the tow in after my kite jellied way off shore leaving me helpless corking around drifting towards the rocks.That was one of the longest swims I've ever done.
It was cool to see so many strapless guys !
You guys have an amazing place for sure !!!!!!!!!
Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Return to Where to Ride Today