How's waukeegan ice?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

How's waukeegan ice?

Postby FSP » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Gonna b a really early spring wauky crew. Doubt there is ice but who knows for sure.
Been sup surfing on the south end all month and no ice there but hav been some long pumpin waves cowboy!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: How's waukeegan ice?

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Were you one of the surfers out attracting all that ill attention at 57th the other week Mr ice dodger??
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:17 am

Haaa I did see that but when them winter waves r pumpin the coppers must let us rock on. It's a steady stream of folks sunup to sundown so bound to stir it up. Da winter has a helluva nice powerful sometimes barreling wave on the south end and hard to resist cops or cold.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm

I drove by Waukegan beach yesterday and it was all iced up. About 1 mile of ice pieces floating. When the wind blows offshore would not be surprised it it all floats away though.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby skysurfr » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:05 pm

a report from your eye in the sky.....

We circled out over the lake yesterday and I saw lots of "pack ice".... islands of slush and chunks of ice. I suspect when the wind blows in or out so will the ice. 3 days of NE winds would deposit all of it on-shore here on the Illinois side.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Return to Where to Ride Today