Sheboygan, WI Sunday 6/23

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan, WI Sunday 6/23

Postby frnkmxwll » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 am

Got a good tip from Pier that Sheboygan is supposed to be perfect weather tomorrow, Sunday June 23rd- anyone thinking of driving up?

I live in Evanston and could use a ride, if anyone is. happy to chip in for gas and snacks :)

Text me, yuri malina, at 5103265623
frnkmxwll
Board Monkey

Re: Sheboygan, WI Sunday 6/23

Postby ens137 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:47 pm

I've got a car n willing to drive but not sure where to head from Chicago. SE michigan or WI?!?? Thoughts?
ens137
Wind Chaser

Postby Northerner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:10 am

Sheboygan should be outstanding tomorrow based on the forecasts. Expect 9-12 meter riding starting around 11:08 and lasting until 5:13. Hope see old faces and if new ones come we have four rules

-keep kites south of the parking lot

-Beginners head out and go down wind until your near the beach by the hotel. Don't come ashore at the public beach which just downwind of the launch.

-Only ride in the throw down area, which is near shore in front of the parking lot,if you are throwing down. If a bunch of people are just cruising in there it prevents riders from hucking big tricks and even bigger crashes, which is what I like alot of.

-Bring beer from Eastern Europe, its the best beer and only found in Chicago

Going to be a really sweet party tomorrow
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 am

Heavy clouds have moved in from the NNW and shut the morning wind down at this pt

http://www.wisconline.com/weather/frame ... sible.html

Besides this batch of clouds everything else is still looking great forecast wise.

The massive storm in Minnesota is of course the wild card
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:30 am

Finished up last week with 6 days of great June riding with yesterday being the high note. After a late start, wind came around 12:30 in form of a smooth and solid wind line just off shore. Wind line moved in and out as the day progressed with most riders on 9-13 meter kites. About 20 guys kiting here.

Best part of the day came when a few of us headed behind the harbor break wall to throw down in smooth 25 plus mph winds and flat water. The air people were getting was huge with many jumps in the 30ft plus range. Artem and Dalius on 9's with myself and Ryan H on 12's. Besides boosting big I managed to commandeer a few beers from the boats going in and out of the harbor. After handing one off to Ryan, I saw something that is right up there with the Apollo moon landings. Ryan with the kite low did a very powered laidout hooked in backroll while drinking the can of suds I just handed him. That is how he Sheboygans and I like it alot.

Loving those SW forecasts, glad so many made the trip up
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby skysurfr » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am

Video?

:-P
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Return to Where to Ride Today