Good ol El Norte

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Good ol El Norte

Postby Eric A. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

She'll be coming down the lake Monday, with leftovers tuesday.
This front has some energy behind it. Nice cool down next week.
Hoping to get out into the wave pool if the ol back injury let's me go.

It should be good at many southern basin beaches, but remember to play it cool.
This is the last weekend of lots of tourists and beach goers.
After this weekend we all get OUR beaches back and it's game on!

Have fun and send it!
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Good ol El Norte

Postby IVO » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:46 pm

My kinda party Eroc!!!!!Frankfort was great last Sunday,looking forward for Urshulla on Monday and dawn cleanup session on Tuesday.

Hopefully forecats will stick with storm approaching.You guys playing on Monday night?
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am

Well for those lucky Enuf to step out and surf that mega Seudo groundswell yesterday, u are primed and ready to now add a kite. Wow, just mind blowing glassy windless green walls pushing 8foot in full form.

Starting tomorrow off on the downy to century 21 and then may look at joe if she goes onshore but looking big and thumping down here. Want in with us shoot the text and we leave a light on for ya.

Per party tonight with the surf legends at the pavillian mc.
Gonna b Rollin late so let's be jumpin just after 9am
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Eric A. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Nice evening session in South Haven!
Wind did it's normal build all day and then around 3-4pm it seems to just pop and start cranking.
I've often called north wind a working man's wind because it fills in late in the day around here.
Lots of kites out, lots of surfers and several windsurfers.
Waves were small but fun.

Great to be out on the water.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby West » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:08 am

Yeah, good call on that one E....

after hanging at a beach in between St Jo and Da Haven and checking the conditions building, we pulled into South Beach about 3; guys were on 14's and trying to make 12's work... got quite the looks when I pulled out my 9 and started pumping that bad boy up...TG and Greg rigged their 11's and Big T his 12 and on down the coast we went, Pier on his 9 joined in on the FUN....sure enough the wind and waves picked up along the way....by the time we hit the power plant it was ON!!

Sunny with warm waters we continued our shoreline skippin all the way to Silver, catching some nice ones along the way...had a nice crew down in St Jo rippin it up....heard about Ivo's paragliding the previous day, enjoyed a pop in the parking lot (2 hearted), and headed back to South Haven for the sunset. Stopped at Su Casa on the way out of town for some supreme Mexican, and cruised back on into Chi-town....another great Labor Day blow!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:54 am

Sunday night at Captain Lou's,Cheap Dates,Eroc in the House..it was packed :wink:

Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today