Car Pools for Monday?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Car Pools for Monday?

Postby Patrick.McIntosh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Whats up everyone?

To start off with i'm a beginner looking for some safe riding! Labor day is here and that means most people are off of work, school, ect. I'm a college student in River Forest (Oak Park) am I'm looking to get out for a ride.

I've been seeing the wind is going to be S to SSE all day at a good speed so I was seeing if I could bum a ride off of anyone (gas payment included ofcourse) in the close Chicago area to go to Waukegan or Zion or any other beach for a day trip. Like I said I'm a college student and I'm actually from Oklahoma so I don't have a car, but am more than happy to make my commute as far as the CTA can take me to meet up for a ride. This will be my first time riding in this area and I'm JACKED to get out there, just looking to try to make something work.

Thanks everyone
Patrick
Patrick.McIntosh
Kiter Noob

Re: Car Pools for Monday?

Postby kitekid21 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome!

I'm heading around to the other side of the lake tomorrow, and could definitely pick you up, but it does sound like you're a beginner (the wind prediction for tomorrow is all N, NNW, NW). That means that Waukegan and Zion are a no-go. That's ok though! I'll have a vehicle hopefully around 9:30 and I'll be coming through the city on 290. We can talk windy things and you can get a feel for the area. :D

Send me a PM or gmail works. chaf.orm.bintrano@gmail.com
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today