Montrose and buggies.

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Montrose and buggies.

Postby Demoknight » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Hello all! I am more of a sit and roll kind of guy than a surfer, and I have taken my buggy out to Montrose a few times this year. The only real problem that I have is that they sift the sand every night with a tractor, which makes it incredibly loose and slow on the bug. Does anyone know when they stop sifting the beach for the sunbathers each year? I would ride at Cricket hill, but every time I go out there, even with good north winds it is choppy and shifty inside the park because of all the tall trees.
Demoknight
Kiter Noob

Re: Montrose and buggies.

Postby kitekid21 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I've got some mountainboarding spots put up on this map as indicated by the brown markers. Unfortunately it's hard to find good swaths of hard pack sand around Chicago. I usually resort to grass as a result. Maybe someone else on a buggy can chime in. If you have any spots for me to add, PM me and we can talk through some of them. :D

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zyguk5w-1uO4.kd_StJIWwAWM
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Postby skysurfr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm

They should stop any time now. Later they will build sand walls to stop the winter waves and ice.
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby a_lopez » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm

I've been going to Busse Woods to landboard. Wind can be gusty, but there is a decent sized mowed grass area clear of trees to ride on.
Alan
Kahoona 7.5 / Best Nemesis 10 / RRD Hypertype 12 / Taboo 14
a_lopez
Board Monkey

Return to Where to Ride Today