Sheboygan June 1st

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan June 1st

Postby qomat » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 am

Anyone can share SH status?
trying to decide if to drive 2hr or not:)

thx
qomat
Pump Master

Re: Sheboygan June 1st

Postby Northerner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:15 pm

I guess this is more of a recap then a status update.

I really didnt think about riding today with the dark cloudly skys this morning and aforecast calling for storms and clouds. Even with the wind meter saying 22 South this morning the wind on the shore was a WSW-SW 3-10. A few guys put up 14 meter kites and struggled out to the wind line around 10. Well the clouds cleared around 10:30 and the wind was good by 11. I rigged a 10 and was set all day. In the distance a heavy line of clouds was always in sight but never moved in to kill the sun. By 4:30 the storms came.

Most guys out this season with most on 10-12 meter kites. Wind was lighter and gusty near the show but nothing that bad.

Third sunday in a row
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 am

we got lucky in madtown as well. the forecast was for 10- 15 but we got 20-30 for the most of the afternoon, 9ms all around. we needed it
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:39 pm

...sliding sweetly down the shoreline, sun shining brightly high above,9 m dancing wildly, Bro on my feet fits like a glove.

Big T smiling crazy, Kuau on down the beach a blazin, summer time skippin on the Big Lake, simply amazing!

....tagged it up, in and around the Mecca the last several days. Sunny , cloudy, rainy, foggy, sunny; gotta love the Ol mother Michigan!!

....to answer the first question???? Yes you should drive, it's worth it!!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Return to Where to Ride Today