Tuesday 6/8

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby Northerner » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:44 am

Sheboygan was in full flower. At 5 me pena and greg from madison did a 3-4 mile downwinder to the north beach bay, were the waves were pumping smooth and head high. One of the best days I've seen there with wind really filling that place in. Everyone one was on a zero gravity or a brokite, Greg was very impressed with the turns he was gtting on the bro kite board during the downwinder. To much wind for the 11s and 9s so we ran back to my place to regear.

Second session was out of this world, 7 meter nano with the slingshot Celeritas 5'8"surf board. Both greg and I were on them. The conditions were perfect as we were catching big waves on the outside and riding them to right to the beach. I was getting up 6-7 nice turns on the waves at time. Then we take one long tack out to get upwind to go back to grabbing another at the pier and ride her in. We rode till 9 at night and derigged in the dark. HAppy birthday West!! We were thinking about ya
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am

Oh yeah....that's what I am talking about!!!!!!!! Lake Michigan just a crankin'. Out of control, ripped it till we couldn't rip it no more.

Showed up to the beach with the local Kenosha boyz messing around on 12's....just a little light to stay upwind....grabbed some BRO boards from out of the back of the truck and set some up for the day. V was sporting a new 137, Dickie the same, pulled a 134 out for myself, and Greg was riding his 134! Set up a 130 for Dahlus and the local crew to ride. The wind built quickly, and in came the rain....went out on my 12 for abit, then came in and rigged down to the 9.

V was killing it right out of the box, taking the waves all the way in to the shorebreak and smacking it to the sand. We proceeded to follow his example and got right down to smackdaddying it up!!!! There were times that Dickie, V, Greg and I were all riding waves within 30 feet of each other. Been kiting with these guys for years, and we seem to know where each other is going.....makes it quite special to look over and see your buddy just ripping it right next to you.

Been kiting with V for nine years now, and Greg damn near the same. From bodydragging to wave-slashing, those are my home boyz.....made for a great birthday, with some Stone's Soup by New Glarus to toast the day with.........WOW!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby V » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Sweet sheriff! Good to hear you guys were up there killin' it. Can't wait to sport a few sheboygan sets with you guys and jam at pena's apres kite. Gonna be a good summer bro!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Artem » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Great day yesterday!! I was lit on my 12 then overpowered. Then I switched to the 9m and rode lit on that!! Happy B-lated Birthday West!!!!!
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today