Fri 02 July.

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Fri 02 July.

Postby skysurfr » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 am

Anyone thinking of LSP for Fri 02nd or Sat the 3rd?

Looks like a south settingup.

ugh.. the crowds!

mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby DP » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 am

I'm going to be in MI for the weekend anyway - how is LSP for crowds usually?
DP
Pump Master

Postby chillin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm up for spending Friday and Saturday in michigan if it keeps looking good, anywhere closer to home looking good at all? Been looking but not seeing anything real promising.

Stephen
Ozone C4, Ozone Edge
Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD

314-800-6244
chillin
Wind Chaser

Postby West » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:29 am

It's going to be a gorgeous, sunny, windy weekend if you head up to either Sheboygan or LSP. Prob won't be enough wind elsewhere to kite, but you never know. Classic thermal set-up!!!!!

Kite safe and be respectful of others, especially when travelling to out of state beaches!!!!

Today would be better in Sheboygan for any new kiters. Tomorrow they have fireworks at the harbor and the beach will be crowded. The Sherriff will be asking ALL the kiters who are challenged to stay upwind...to please stay off the water SATURDAY. Don't be dissing the sherriff........and check with him about the beach rules!

Up in LSP, it is imperative to stay far upwind of the lighthouse with the other kiters. IF you start going downwind, come in well before the beachgoers at the lighthouse, OR go well downwind, land your kite and walk back up the beach. DO NOT walk with your kite flying through the crowd of people at the lighthouse!!

Enjoy the weekend, please follow the rules and bring some beer for the locals!!!! It's always nice to leave a good impression for next time. They will look forward to seeing you show up, instead of being stoked when you leave. :wink:

Prob heading to Shesablowin' today, and LSP this weekend. 8)
West
Wind Whore

Postby chillin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 am

cool, think I'm going to pack up and head to sheboygan today! Anyone in Chicago want a ride up give me a call soon.

Stephen

314-800-6244
Ozone C4, Ozone Edge
Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD

314-800-6244
chillin
Wind Chaser

Postby zulutimer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:58 am

forecast got upgraded!

looks like a good day for sheboygz to be worth the drive from chicago.

see ya there.
Paul
zulutimer
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Northerner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:20 am

Already windy up here with it only getting better. Should be a great day in sheboygan. Any one coming up here go as far south as you can on the beach and don't let your kite get near the public swim beach.

Get it today because as west said tomorrow is going to be a horrible day to kite with the busy beaches.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby slavman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:48 pm

LSP for the long weekend. Everybody be safe and have fun.
Slavi
slavman
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Safe_Cracker » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Keegs was reading marginal anyone get any of that south there?

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby t bagger bob » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Yup,Waukegan had about 6-8 kiters. I used 15m and big board for some big fun. Wind was steady and a little SE off of the S reported on NOAA. Looks like a similar setup Sat.

tbb
livin for wind
t bagger bob
Kite Crew in Training

Postby chillin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Made it up to Sheboygen for my first time out on the lake! Freaking perfect day up there other than wind got a little gusty late in the afternoon.

It was good to meet the folks up there, got lucky and the first person I walked up to was the sheriff! set me straight on the local rules.

Hoping to get back out somewhere on Monday if this forecast holds.

Stephen
Ozone C4, Ozone Edge
Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD

314-800-6244
chillin
Wind Chaser

Postby West » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Sweet summer winds in Shesablowin'....got it good early and enjoyed the laid back day on the beach with the group. Great times up in the land of plenty!! 12's and smiling............ :D

Have Fun tmrw if you head up there. I will be heading up the coast of Michigan with Jimbo from da Haven......up to LSP or all the way to Pt. Betsie!! Should crank for a couple more days. enjoy and be safe........don't forget the cold beer for the locals, always gets a handshake!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Return to Where to Ride Today