Sheblowing- Tuesday July 27th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheblowing- Tuesday July 27th

Postby Artem » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 pm

The forcasts are good for tomorrow. I will probably head up there at around 9:30.
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby kris » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:04 pm

I hope it blows for you.

seems like the summer wind has been goofy up there lately though. BOUY showing 22-24 S or SE and such with not a farts worth of breeze at a beach. not even enough to get off the beach and out to were it is blowing.
--------------K-r-i-s----------------------------
kris
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Peña » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 pm

I have to concur w Kris - definitely not a sure thing here tomorrow but it'd be nice if it happened!
Peña
Board Monkey

Postby wiscaloha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 am

I am new to the area (live in Milwaukee now)...thinking about heading up.

Have experience on the great lakes, just not this one - have done a bit of research - but would love to know the best indicator of when to make the drive (I know no trip is skunk-proof, but where should I be looking?)

Thanks, have a great session if you guys make it out.
wiscaloha
Kiter Noob

Postby kris » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:13 am

wiscaloha wrote:but would love to know the best indicator of when to make the drive

gotto go to see if she'll blow.

however when you get there check to see if any locals are on the beach. if not, grab a seat. but don't worry, you wont be alone, i'm sure the Kenosha and Millwaukee crew will be there to hang out with.

i think the locals have a secret spot where they sit back, watch us standing on the beach, drink brew and make fun of all the riders from out of town sitting on the beach scratching our heads.
--------------K-r-i-s----------------------------
kris
Boosticus Maximus

Postby West » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 am

Hit Shesablowin' with Palatine Greg this afternoon. Got a couple of walkin' sessions on the 12m. with Madison Greg, Pena and Dave. Drank a PBR and shot the shiz with the boyz for a while.

The sun came back out about 5 and BAM.....we were lit until we couldn't hold 'em down any more. Hanging down at the Blue Harbor having a blast. Colin came out in his shorts and had a hammering sesh.

Great to see the Boygan boys. Awesome with the boat races and the setting sun. 8)
West
Wind Whore

Return to Where to Ride Today