8/7 Rocking Saturday and Smoking Sunday in LSP

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

8/7 Rocking Saturday and Smoking Sunday in LSP

Postby IVO » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm

If one still wonder where to go,latest for the Point is 20-25kn for saturday,with 15-25 for sunday..so I have five pounds of marinated pork,bottle of Jose Cuervo and off the road I go 8)

if you have a tent and Big Aloha come on up,you are welcome to stay with us..

773/526 0496..,no signal after tonight 11pm,hehe
IVO
Zen Levitator

i wondered

Postby rkelly » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:09 pm

i wondered if mentioning it was bad mo-jo.

i'm solo for the weekend, and going to find some. see you on 31.
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby West » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:43 pm

gonna blow gotta go LSP PT BETSIE what's it gonna be

bring aloha take memories leave nothing
West
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 am

And off we go! :D :D
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby West » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 am

Mecca bound..................gonna be some good riding today and tmrw. Come on up and enjoy the ALOHA of Capn' IVO!!!! :)

He texted me last night that he was in the middle of the woods looking up at the Milky Way.............SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby West » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Sun, wind, dunes, downwinder, 12m, Mecca, lighthouse beacon, big dipper, campsite, Cuervo, friends, firepit, morning thunderstorms, panic pack-up, backroads, Da Haven, 9m, waves, 27 mile coast run, Oberon, fish tacos, sunset................Discover the beauty of MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks Ivo for setting up the campsite!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Oh man,it was good,it was great,it was one for the book for sure.Aloha was pouring into cups and going around :)

It would need a lot of words to describe this weekend,short version is who didnt come up missed a lot,,,great people,camping,kitesurfing along the coast line.I had a such a blast.Downwinder from South Heaven to Sagatuck was incredible just by itself,we didnt finish all the way(except West and Jimbo,who left earlier),but we had huge smile nevertheless.

thanks to all who come to spend some time with us and spread the stoke..

I get some PM about camping,so here it is..

http://www.michigan.org/Property/Detail.aspx?p=G10009

its a rustic campground about 20min form LSP,I dont like to camp in Muskegon or at Silver lake,because its croudy,simply not my cup of coffee..Only downside is after this weekend before you head out rather call camp in advance if the owner is there,because it might be closed time to time..But since the owner remember me,he let us stay even when the camp was closed and we have whole forest for ourself 8)
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby jarch » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 am

Wish I could have been there. Thanks for the info on the campsite. I'll likely be heading up there the weekend of 21st regardless of wind or not. I'll have the SUP and mountain bike as backup.
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Eric A. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:15 am

Nice work everyone. Glad we all had fun. It was a good weekend in the haven. 12m saturday and 9m Sunday. Good ol MI can deliver the goods.

IVO I saw you guys going for the downwinder on Sunday. I was waiting for one of my buddies to do a little 5 mile downwinder to Becca's house. I tried to catch up to you guys but wind was fading fast. I could have given you guys a ride back up. You guys were too fast to catch up with.

See ya'll next windy day if I can get a session in between all the gigs at night.

Someday soon IVO we'll get the Siver Beach action on a NNE....I feel it brewing as I write this.....usually starts firing end of August as good ol el norte starts to come alive.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby IVO » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Haha Eric,I thought exactly same about you guys.There was nobody behind us when we left haven and than boom two kites up,,I was thinking you guys riding on nitrogen

Some nice guy offered us a ride,so all good..But grab my number from my first post on this topic and send me a msg.so I'll have your number for next time ..
I remember last year in the early summer,when I was just starting to learn some basic moves in South Haven,guy at Naish Boxer on twin tip was riping waves with some awesome style,never seen anything like it and than this year West told,oh yeh,that was Eric man :D

with the Silver beach,Im waiting,heard more stories about huge steep faces,balls shrinking,crashes .So I wanna get taste of what you guys have been hiding from me :twisted:
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today