Sat Aug 28 Sheboygan ?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby Northerner » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:48 am

Yea I wasn’t there for most of the day as I went north to try to get some better waves but didn’t really find them. As for local kiters it all comes down to out of town kiters flying there kites over swimmers and beach goers outside the kiting area. Our beach is so big that we are always amazed at how the many people choose to have their kite over or by the families at the beach. Though, for the most part it looked like the kiters did an outstanding job of using the kite area yesterday.

I personally spoke to two different people. One guy was trying to relaunch his kite in poor wind in the swim area with a half dozen kids in the water around his kite. Another time I deflated a guys kite for walking his kite over the no kite area and again through families and over the top of kids swimming in very gusty and holey wind later in the day.
One reason the cop you spoke about are stoked about kiting is we (locals) have a system of Go and No Go in place and we address situations that are No Go.

Winds building now and it looks to be another good day on the water here. Glad you made it up here and got to ride
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby maly » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks Andrew for keeping this place open for us, Saturday was awesome , I've counted 12 kites on the water at one time and couple still on the beach.
Wind was perfect from 12 - 3:30pm and then became gusty close to shore. I thought than I'll never use the term "Lit-up" as I usually stay on the safe side and pick smaller kite , but I was LIT-UP at times on my new SS T3 ( I already love ) and .... I liked it !!!!!
I've also decided to work on my stance instead of trying to stay upwind and.... in no time I found myself way, way upwind of the kite beach where I than stayed without even trying.
Again, awesome day.
Mario
maly
Adrenaline Junkie

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today