Sheboygan sucks...Friday 27th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan sucks...Friday 27th

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Yea...you read this right. You all suck who rode up there today...cuz i could not.

I'm forever envious of that shesablowin push when it's sunny and SSW or SW nearby.

Tried to get a short lunch session in Madison today on SW and it just didn't fill in as expected. Went online and it's fricking S 24 with gusts to 25 in Sheboygan? Sheboygan Airport only shows 13 SSW? WTF?

Gonna go drown my sorrows now in some cold beer. Can't complain too much though as it's been a good year for riding so far.

So chime in guys...how was it? You can rub it in even if it sucked. LOL.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby anderson » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Tomorrow Maybe???
anderson
Resident Windfreak

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 pm

yea...looks like a good 4 or 5 day stretch of decent winds. can't make it Saturday...maybe sunday?
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby kwk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah Bob you should go to Sheboygan on Sunday. If you do let me know and bring the board. I will meet you there.
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby Northerner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 pm

To be honest sheboygan did suck today. Clouds till around 11, never allowed the wind to come in on the inside much at all. This summer I have had great luck riding between 11-1 on nice smooth inside wind. Not today. Wind did get good around 3:30 til 5ish. Nice little waves in the late afternoon as well. As the meter showed the wind on the outside was as perfect as can be, making for great upwind progress after losing ground in the waves. Not a day for beginner s, but lots smiles on the beach today at the end. 8 guys out and lots of swimmers. Kiters need to be careful of them in the weak inside winds. Tomorrow should be the same I'm guessing.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Andrew...say it ain't so man. thought for sure today was going to be solid and epic for you guys.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Return to Where to Ride Today