Thursday September 23 2010

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby Northerner » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Easily today was one of the three biggest forecast busts this year up in the Sheboygan area. The storms missed us, but still kept the wind far from shore. Early morning looked outstanding with the wind dying around noon. It then came up again around 2 with it backing off again around 4. I got home from workaround 3:30 and three guys were out on 11 and 14 meter kites, riding in waist to chest high waves on surf boards. Wind died soon after but the waves where good at a classic Sheboygan surf spot so it was time to bring out the SUP and get some rides. Evening again brought the wind near shore. Just not a kiters day
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Sorry to hear that Andrew,that happens time to time..We played in South Haven and after 4pm did 20miles with Todd and David,,not a big surf but 10m and 130 brokite ripping all the way..Lots of boosting and hollering from the beach along the costline 8)

Btw..I dont want to ever heard again,that Im riding fast.I didnt know what speed boys are having in mind,so I slowed down and let Todd lead the way,,ohh boy what mistake!I think he's 20 years old :twisted:

Good day!
IVO
Zen Levitator

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today