Michigan 5/16/10 , 5/17/10

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Michigan 5/16/10 , 5/17/10

Postby STF » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm

seems it s gonna blow a good SW on sat and a good NW on sunday around muskegon. Thinking of heading up there 2mar...ride, maybe bonfire camp sat. Night then ride sunday. Anyone feel like survivor man....maybe...[/u]
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby IVO » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Looks good Shiff,I'll be leaving around 7-8am towards White Hall.Going to bring my camping gear,I dont feel 100% but I'll try to stay over night:)

Give me a call in the morning where are you heading 773/526 0496

One more weekend push in the Michigan before winter..Lets rollllllllllllll
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 am

Get it, get it, get it boyz.....gonna be great at Skegon and surrounding area. Should be an awesome moonlight filled night. ENJOY :)
West
Wind Whore

Postby Pier » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Shiff, IVO, you guys rock!

I'm stuck in the City for the weekend so I'll try to get some light stuff around here.

Hold on one second, white caps in front of the Shedd?!! It's picking up here! I'll be leaving for Wolf shortly.

Enjoy the MI side!
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby IVO » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:39 am

What a awesome day this was!I saw Michigan buoy blowing 25+SW in the morning,so I figured it must come to South Haven in some point of the day and indeed it did.Once I pull over in Da Haven white caps were everywhere some waves were building up and that drive up there was just amazing by itself,fall collers!!!

Todd and blueberry Bob were just getting ready to hit water before I heard those magic words from Todd,"you think what I think?Downwinder to Sagatuck?"Thats all what it takes,25 miles in the waves,some incredible colors,strong wind all the way...In every big dw which I ever did,something happend,leaking kites,broken straps,lines,boards ect.ect.ect..Well today was my turn..First I was landing so hot that one of my foot get off a strap and hit board so hard that I though I sliced open in the half,but I didnt.Then my left palm on the other crash,my right middle finger look like that somebody hit that with hammer and the best for the last..I was riding in the waves unhooked and some gust from hell rip off my bar from hand with that "ping" sound afterwards!Thats was my leash gave up and I was watching my kite flying away :lol: ..Todd secure the kite on the beach and we finish downwinder..Somewhere in between this I was able to make a crack like from nail in my brokite board(top) and I have to say this board is indestructible!!!!No idea how :shock:

I didnt stay over night since I have enough for this weekend and I dont see wind survive 10am unless you are in PT.Betsie..!!!

Big Big thanks to Todd and Angie for hospitality,chili,beer,drive back from Sagutack!!Im rounding up some big dept with you guys,Im gonna make sure that next time the treat is on me :!: ,pleasure to ride with you

the best was Angie when she told me"you are nuts to drive 2 1/2 hours from Chicago to here"(which really isnt that bad),so I reply with West driving 6hours to get to Pt.Betsie.."So If Im nuts what is West Angie,he is just .... !" :lol: Here you go brother

Glad you made it on the water Pier..Dont worry Schiff,Im used to it,all want to go in the evening,nobody cant in the morning,next time monsignor!!!!!
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today