Tisc the 20th of OCT!!

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Tisc the 20th of OCT!!

Postby West » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Cowboy up.....gonna b rippn early on the Mich side, get it b4 it goes too Westerly!! 8)

Another day of riding the waves on the BIG LAKE......with a hammerin' NW lookin' promising on THurs.......gotta love FALL!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby adseguy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm

St Joe is the call? Looks like it!

Anyone else?
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby WaWaZat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:08 am

Whoa... been a little buried the last couple days after getting back from OBX.. so is Tisco the call?... anyone?
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 am

Whooa Nellie....................an incredible 2 days of kitn the lower Mich. side. Will post all about it tonight....but what a time!!!

Thanks to the Madison boyz..... :wink: ....waves,waves, waves!!

Adrien came over to Tisc. Wednesday, and we talked a bit in the parking lot, agreed to put aside our differences, work towards a common purpose, and proceeded to rip up a 23 mile downwinder to South Haven on our 9's!! Big T, Todd G., Blueberry Bob, Red Legs, Adrien and myself.

Thanks for making the drive Adrien, and I hope you had as much fun on the BIG LAKE as I did....still wondering if you'd ever come down from those hellacious jumps buddy!!! :shock: Look forward to many more sessions with you. :)
West
Wind Whore

Postby adseguy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Weeeee. First downwinder in over a year! It was a big one that's for sure. There were a few amazing waves that i got a good 4 to 5 smacks on and pure glass as you are carving the bottom turn. I'm still galaxies away from owning them like West does, but I'll get there. I got eaten more then a few times as I was learning the qwerks of my new kite which was badly out of tune. I can't tell you how nice it was when we landed our kites and everyone had a little cold shake to them and out comes HOT soup, beers, and tales of the big waves. Nothing like that to clean your hands of forum banter.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby West » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:33 am

Wednesday was the classic reason why I LOVE kiting Lake Michigan. Awesome forcast, sunny skies, not a sole on the beach but the kiters, and a 23 mile downwinder from St. Joe to South Haven!!!

What made it so damn special is the group of kiters..........I've been doing downwinders with the South Haven crew for several years now. Todd G. lives for 'em, and does more than anyone I know (along with Shopping Cart up North).

You can always bet that Big T and Blueberry Bob will be along for the ride, and Jimbo (if only in spirit)!!!!! The South Haven crew is a "tight" group....like the Sheboygan clan, the Madtown boyz, and the TC kiters!! That's what makes it all so damn great......that's what makes our sport, our hobby, our passion so awesome. The camraderie of the kiters is the key!!!! :)

Todd G. is reknown for bringing a full cooler of pop, beer, and water; "hot" food on the COLD days, and having his lovely wife Angie pick us up wherever we land!!! NOW that is hospitality!!!!! Search the world over, and you'd be lucky to find that combination anywhere. :wink:

On Wednesday it was chicken noodle and on Thurs it was chili (hot sauce for both!!!)......the smiles when the bowls are filled are contagious!! When you hear that first top pop, they get even bigger....and then the stories start rolling.....

Did you see the jumps Adrien was sporting (board-offs, rail-grabs, cloud-boosters)?; how about when I almost twisted lines with you Big T. when we were so damn close on that wave?; have you ever seen a bigger shit eating grin on someone, as the one on Bob anytime you see him on a downwinder?; who in the hell showed Todd G. how to turn that board like that?; If Greg does a crowd-pleaser and noone is looking, then is it really a crowd-pleaser?; how many miles does it take to constitute a downwinder?; whoa, what about those waves at the "bomb shelter"?;.....whoa, what about those waves at the power plant?......

The stories are endless, just like the big ass smiles on our faces at the end of every downwinder.....even the ones you don't finish!!!! WHY, you may ask.....cause of the chemistry, cause of the camraderie, cause of the shared passion in our pursuit of happiness by flying a kite on the water with our friends!!!!

That's what makes kiting so damn special, and that's what makes the downwinders classic in my book. Sharing the BIG LAKE with your buddies!!!

Thanks to Da Haven crew for bringing me into their fold, and letting me bring along some of my friends....it just don't get any BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
West
Wind Whore

Postby schuss8899 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Ahhhhh, priceless....baby..!!...
schuss8899
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today