Sunday Nov 7, before it freezes over

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby Safe_Cracker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 am

I have noticed that if you watch for patterns especially for Waukegan you can take advantage of unforecasted (not a word) wind, especially great for the summer. I have gotten a little superstitious when it comes to the wind seems that every time I say something I jinx myself and get skunked. :shock: :?

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby xwindsurf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 am

West,
Thanks for your look-in-the-mirror question. I thought hard about it, and the answer is: no, I'm not going to complain when the best guys in the Midwest tell me what the Numero Uno beach can be on that day, and then it doesn't materialize, even after a long drive. I'm buying a beer too.

And I do know about joys of a good company: since last fall, we had 3 trips to South Padre, plus a fantastic powder skiing/boarding in Utah, with a crew of between 10 and 18. We didn't spend windless days bitching, believe me :D
It just takes a while to get a group of people here locally to go together, with all these family attachments, work, business, and other well-known excuses.

Finally, thanks for the tip re. Wednesday - I'm flying out of Chicago in the evening but I still will be tempted.
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby West » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:27 am

Got your number now Tom, and next time it looks promising will give you a call or drop you a text. I usually try to post where I am heading on a particular day....but quite frankly, alot of times when I leave the house, I have no idea....

I just go with the flow, start tapping resources around the lake, follow my instincts, crank up IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR, and pick the rocks of the day to shake!!!!!!!

To me that is one of the beauties of the lake....no matter how many forcasts you check, or who tells you what its blowing here or there, or which smokestack is blowing whatever direction.....after a couple of hours of driving and not seeing the BIG LAKE, when you pull into the parking lot....the anticipation, the wonder....and then you see what is really happening!! Sure is a joy when you see ol' Mother Michigan in all her splendor, whitecaps popping and waves a rolling!!!!! :)
West
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today