Snowkiteing

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Snowkiteing

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:58 am

............. :lol:
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Rorke » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 am

....... :?
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby DP » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 am

spill it, yo :!:
seven7three-3nine8-five7six4
Prodigy/Helix/Octane/Envy
DP
Pump Master

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Stop being a pussy and go to Miller tomorrow water is toasty still :wink: :wink:

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby dewsy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

just started seeing this girl who lives on a horse farm, and she and her two female housemates said that i can use all the farmland around them for snowkiting!!! SICK!!

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby noabacca » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 am

Have you gone over the facts with this girl you are "seeing"

The Myth

Horses are smart and noble beasts. They are loyal to their owners and brave, even on the field of battle. If you whisper to them they will listen.

The Reality

Horses are probably the dumbest domesticated animal. Horses react violently to bright colors. I once watched a horse attack a man in a red jacket and then try to kick a blue barrel to death. If you move your arms suddenly or they hear a loud sound they will "spook" which is a very polite way of saying "act suicidal and retarded". When a horse is spooked it will run into fences or trip and fall, which is usually a disaster because their legs are balsa wood sticks that snap at the slightest injury. Horses are also gluttons. If you give them a big bucket of grain they will eat it until they die. Trained horses like cavalry horses can be conditioned to ignore some of the things they find scary, but even a well-trained horse is one firecracker away from becoming a rampaging moron.

You planning on taking your large bright colored kites out to fly and ride around a horse ranch?
Somebody's prolly gonna die.

source
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/turtle-pets-cats.php
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby adseguy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 pm

LOL Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby dewsy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

i had actually planned on lining up the horses end to end and using them as a rail while I'm out there snowkiting ;)

-dewsy

p.s. they keep em in the barn or in the fenced area in the winter.. TONS or unfenced rolling open acreage.. 8)
dewsy
Master of Kite

9M C-kite, with bar cheap

Postby noabacca » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm

dewsy wrote:p.s. they keep em in the barn or in the fenced area in the winter.. TONS or unfenced rolling open acreage.. 8)

somethingawful wrote:When a horse is spooked it will run into fences or trip and fall, which is usually a disaster because their legs are balsa wood sticks that snap at the slightest injury.

I know it all sounds well and good, but I too have been around horses, even when you are out of sight these neurotic beasts freak out just hearing that you are there.
Just hearing the clap of your board on the snow, or the chatter of your kite in the air, these worthless creatures will tie themselves in knots and bust themselves up and the local real estate.

Dooze-E, you better get a signed waiver releasing you of all liability, before you go... Surely you don't want to be on the hook for any equine med expenses, or related proprty damges.

Seriously
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby V » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 pm

noa that last pic you posted is priceless!!!! "balsa wood twigs" bwahahaha!

Dewsy, when some ranchers start suing you because your kite is freaking out their pet rhinos, you are gonna be in court.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby schuss8899 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Horses do provide an elemental lift in a no wind situation, just wrap your kite around their withers and your a shooting star......baby!!!...go gett' m.....
schuss8899
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today