snowkiting - WED

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

snowkiting - WED

Postby JohnHall » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am

Anyone going. What is the closest place. Think I'm going to blow off work and go... obviously depending on if its possible to even leave my house. Any thoughts?
JohnHall
Wind Chaser

Re: snowkiting - WED

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:36 pm

I would skip on the Wednesday and wait for Thursday. Grass lake would be a great place but NOAA talks about 45 mph gusts. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=ILZ006&zflg=1.

Wednesday...Windy...cloudy. Snow in the morning...then a chance of snow showers and a slight chance of light snow in the afternoon. Blowing snow with visibility one quarter mile or less at times through the day. Snow may be heavy at times in the morning. Several inches of accumulation possible. Highs in the mid 20s. North winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby seblue » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

If you leave to go it might take hours and hours to get hours if its going to be Thursday is looking to be 25-30 mph that could be better.I am sore from Devilshead yesterday held my 6yo sons hands down the big hill on and off. If his board touched mine I would fly board over head backwards down the hill. Just sore no damage. Hopefully Grasse Lake on Thursday 10m or could a 5m be doable?
07 SlingShot 15M Link,13M Fuel
6.2 M FelxiFoil Blade, MBS Comp 95 Pro
Sean 630-939-5001
seblue
Resident Windfreak

Postby n8man » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 pm

So is anyone going to attempt a launch feb 2?
n8man
Board Slinger

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Feb 2 is a day if you want to kill yourself. Wind gusts up to 50 mph, its a little different than on water...............

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday look pretty do able for some action snowkiting! WOOP!!
n8man: We park at West Halingsroad. Official this is a harbor so grab a beer and a snack after or during your session as a little gratuity as we can park there and launch from there.

For who is going out tomorrow, please do it with caution and take all safety precautions!!!!!!!

Hope to see some of you this weekend out there!!!!!!!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby JohnHall » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Might take the snowboard, sled and trainer kite out tomorrow and screw around. Prob only work til like 11. No chance I'm driving anywhere hopefully trains running. If anyone is going out snowkiting later in week let me know.
JohnHall
Wind Chaser

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:34 pm

John, Maybe I go up on Thursday, if not I will be for sure out there on Saturday!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby JohnHall » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Replacing one of my 12 struts tomorrow so should be ready to go. Def want to get out there and saw sat should be good. PM me your email if you get a chance.
JohnHall
Wind Chaser

Return to Where to Ride Today