Keegs May 30 2011

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Keegs May 30 2011

Postby IVO » Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 pm

STF wrote:totally rad!

keegs went off. that wind meter (direction wise) has gotta be off. Rode till dark, closed it out on the water with a beautiful sunset then hit up El Famous Burrito with some of the kite crew.

That burrito was very good buddy!

Very different vibe than "normal" session in Keegs with the lack of wind.Everyone try to keep the spirit high and heard only few complains about conditions ,,,if you can entertain yourself and others in time of waiting for wind,you are half way there.Thats the magic formula for great day on the beach no matter what..From 20-25 kiters only couple left before the thermal block lift off.

Thanks to all for a great day yesterday,,share the stoke and remember the next time you gonna travel to Michigen,Wisconzin have that good vibe with you(not to mention couple coldies for locals :lol: )and you gonna be welcome every time!
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 am

ATTITUDE, ATTTITUDE, ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Met Ivo several years ago, at the end of the year, on the beach, down at the bottom of the Lake; we kited several times that Fall.....he was just learning and was just gettin the BUG: our last day of kiting that year was at Miller, up at the jetty with Greg and Slavi; a CRAZY "wave sesh", none of us will soon forget.....later in the parking lot, I could tell that IVO was absolutely hooked...

His progression over the next couple of years was rapid indeed.....but, it was not his improving skills that continually impressed me....it was his overwhelming stoke, his interest in kite-safety, his willingness to heed advice, his ability to befriend ANYONE at the beach, and of course, his POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

From this last post of his.....I can see he is "staying the course"......an absoulute pleasure to have you lighting up the BIG LAKE, IVO; while at the same time lighting up the faces of those you cross paths with at the beach, you leave quite an impression with us.....keep on keeping on, buddy!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

You were too kind to me buddy,, thank you!

As that story goes I was very lucky to met you that day.You always shared all with me and wherever I went chasing wind(or you send me)I was welcome from locals with saying 'West friend is our friend"and generosity had no end,so does happend after time,that some of your friends around lake became mine friends as well.You always hooked me up with the right people and it was quite amazing what stoked you spread and shared among buddies you ride with..

Because of this I was allow to see,learn and experince many stuff which I wouldnt have and Im grateful for that West and as I could tell,you made the same impact on many.

Nothing but RESPECT for you buddy!

Now lets have some of those SW thermals so we could get on going :wink:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today