Surprise session at Miller today 6/1

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Surprise session at Miller today 6/1

Postby Hoosier Daddy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 pm

WSW turned west in the early afternoon. Scotty Jay and Rodney started tearing it up at about 1:30 p.m. and a couple of us didn't stop till 5:45. LOVE those unpredicted sessions!
Hoosier Daddy
Resident Windfreak

Re: Surprise session at Miller today 6/1

Postby Misfit » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:40 am

Jay OWNS the surprise session! I wish I lived closer to the water so I could join you on a few of those days!

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.
Misfit
Wind Whore

Re: Surprise session at Miller today 6/1

Postby adseguy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 am

Yes! Surprise session, aka Stealth sessions, are definitely some of my favorites. You check the computer/phone and just pop your eyes open...head straight for the closet to grab all your gear and break all the speed limits to get to the spot LOL.

I just had one yesterday @ Montrose Beach. SIIIIIICCCCKKKKK Butter water, smooth SE wind, and tearing it up on the big lofty 14m. Finally completed my first successful double finger flip. Big deadmans that were held out to the end, etc. What a day! Paul joined in towards the end and I think Pier got some of the action too. It's moments like these I tell myself that I will never live far from water again and I mean it.

Cory, you go on so many trips/vacations that you don't need to worry about catching these days. Just wake up in Hatteras and choose whether you want some surf or some sound for the day 8)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Return to Where to Ride Today