Tawas Magic!

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Tawas Magic!

Postby Like To Kite » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:57 pm

We had another magical time at Tawas this year! The group was bigger and friendlier than ever. Since folks are asking how it went, I'm taking the liberty of copying the emails that have been going around:

Yes, Tawas was awesome as always. And while the wind magic was a little off given the seemingly perfect set-up we had... don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining after being able to kite every day - just expected a little more force behind the thermal action... the camaraderie magic was the best it's been since we've been doing these trips!! It's truly the people that make these treks fun & memorable experiences. Amanda your extraordinary awesomeness, tireless organizational skills, superb kite instruction and downright generosity is DEFINITELY gonna be missed... :'( ... thank you so much for running the Tawas ball every month of the summer seasons since we 1st scoped the place over 2 years ago. Also, so glad we were graced with a second instructor extraordinaire and new friend, Marilysss, this time around! I saw more people up & cookin' this extendo weekend than ever! Can't wait to share the stoke on the water and beyond with everyone again and again and again! All of you please text whenever you're itchin' to get out... both on the water and to hang!; 708.341.0003

Doc Mike, get that Montrose streamer buddy... you're on my wind hotlist!! Gonna need someone to drink with after those epic big city seshes!! And all of you in those aforementioned city hoods, keep me in the loop on the happs... I may not dwell there but have car, will drive for wind OR a good hang!

Talk soon!

Mike Szromba
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com

On Jun 11, 2012, at 2:14 PM, Michael Cole wrote:

> Hey everyone! Had a great time in Tawas this weekend, wish I could
> have stayed a few more days! Amanda thanks so much for putting all
> this together, and for the crazy lobster claw gloves, and the boosting
> tips. Jim thanks for driving and for providing our campsite with
> modern technology. Rock Mike thanks for being awesome Rock n' Roll
> Mike. Great to meet all of you, kiters are awesome. Let me know if
> any of you are headed out to kite in the chicagoland area or if you
> are planning any other kiting adventures, if I'm free then I'm always
> down. And for any of you in the bucktown/wicker park area, because of
> how cool we all are, we should probably hang out. Call/text/email
> anytime.
>
> take care!
>
> Mike Cole

Yes Mike it was a great Time:

To everyone thanks for the wonderful trip! Excellent camp ground and a good company of friends and acquaintances.
Beach time and conversation around a camp fire is a great way to get to know everyone. Just to mention a few moments for me on the trip:
Like when Mike brought his IPAD down to the beach when we were star gazing and finding constellations, Some of us trying to fit under a large
umbrella by the fire pit in a brief light rain, "The Release of The Kraken", Cooking out on open fire pit, Group rides in my van into town for dinner,
"Victor the Inflictor" (my beach umbrella put a hole in his new kite) who by the way is now my eternal friend.

Thanks all for being part of my life, "A life well lived is a life well shared"

Jim Holcomb

Unbelievably fun trip, thanks everyone for the great times! It was so much fun to see everyone improving. We all had so many breakthrough moments which was super fun and rewarding for all. I loved seeing the riders get more and more comfortable utilizing the friendlier location. It was so nice to have Marilys, another IKO instructor, there as she is a great person and I got to relax a little and enjoy everyone's company on this last trip. I had one of my most enjoyable sessions that I have ever had when there was only wind up high and the water was super flat, sometimes like glass that you hope for in waterskiing! Tuesday brought us excellent wind and Chiaki was up at the end, so awesome! After everyone left on Tuesday afternoon, the wind barreled in full force and I had to sit down a moment to hold down my 7m!

Here's the link to a few more photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1092942380 ... 8942540034

Hopefully see you at the get together beach bash:
http://chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteboard ... =3&t=10991

or kiting at the IKO certification day tomorrow at Montrose Beach!
http://chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteboard ... =3&t=10739

Happy Kiting!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Return to Pictures and Videos