Beyond the Boneyard

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Beyond the Boneyard

Postby IVO » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Ho'okipa,Jaws,Kanaha,Waeihu all aka Maui style.Some footage was seen before but guys made great effort to put this together.

Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Re: Beyond the Boneyard

Postby West » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:54 am

"Tickle the Dragon"..... :twisted:

Nice stuff Trooper.....some really incredible footage....watching Patri light it up at Waiehu was classsssssic Patri, he owns that spot!!! Don't know where the one kid with dreads is from, PR or Trinidad? but he is the only other guy besides Patri that I have seen that rides fluidly going left or right, WOW!! And watching Cruiser at H'Poko backside on the inside section off the rocks was mindblowing.....those guys are sooooooo damn good it is awe-inspiring.....they are really pushing the limits, and are progressing so rapidly; they were killing Ho'okipa on kites riding strapless, KUDOS.....

Jesse has to get himself a better knife cause he is mangling those uhu...watching him at Jaws shows you just how difficult a wave it is to kite....wasn't the biggest or cleanest that day by any means, but you can see how gnarly a surface it is and just how quickly that wave jacks up.....

GREAT VID!! NO KA OI

-----my favorite part was watching the cloud "changlings" in the Crater
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 pm

how bout that...a whole section of some onshore wave action? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LEGENDARY vid!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby jonnyt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:59 pm

The kid with the dreads is Airton Cozzolino and he is from Italy. He won the KSP tour two years ago and believe it or not he's only like 17 years old. He spent this winter in Maui training and riding practically all day everyday. He is arguably and considered by many the best wave-rider on the planet. I've been lucky enough to ride with him many times and He can ride both ways the same. West is wright these guys are jaw dropping can't believe my eyes good.
jonnyt
Chop Wrestler

Postby IVO » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Nothing but great respect for mad skillzzz of guys!!!!!With Jaws,what I have seen..got told by my buddy who went to kite there once.. and from what Jesse was saying about it,I wonder how far they could push kiting there.They have the best possible gear,skills,but that wave looks too fast with bad direction of wind.Im sure someone gonna get that epic ride there,but so far it look better to get tow in by kite,release and surf it out :shock: and got that $ pic ofcourse
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos