the mother of kiteboarding

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

the mother of kiteboarding

Postby FSP » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 pm

leave ur wake for the lake on this one:

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/video_displ ... VIDEO--Kit
FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: the mother of kiteboarding

Postby jensmadwind » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:52 pm

there is no question that this is the kind of stuff that grabs the entry level kiteboarder and fuels the entry to advanced intermediate. i still love to boost as big as i can and to tell you the truth i have strayed off that path the last couple years. I always bring a tt when i travel for waves even though 99% of the time i don't use it....... this year i plan on clubbing up and sending it with a powered kite and a tt at least once every wave session.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Beginners love it and pros just respect it: call it what u will but there ain't much more intense then going big in kiteboarding

http://youtu.be/DRPDOmUG-VM
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 pm

jensmadwind wrote:there is no question that this is the kind of stuff that grabs the entry level kiteboarder and fuels the entry to advanced intermediate. i still love to boost as big as i can and to tell you the truth i have strayed off that path the last couple years. I always bring a tt when i travel for waves even though 99% of the time i don't use it....... this year i plan on clubbing up and sending it with a powered kite and a tt at least once every wave session.

Hell yea!! Finally I'll have someone to megaloop with ;)
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby FSP » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:14 pm

"this year i plan on clubbing up and sending it with a powered kite and a tt at least once every wave session"

In the spirit of that fine attitude and mega looping in general, I may have to up that and go huge with a twin tip at all given times, kiting or performing in the quarter pipe in my other passion-in line roller blading. It's so onnnn ! Now club that up!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 am

i look forward to it Artem

as i see it there is no reason I cant have both

same session

i am pretty sure that if thrown off of a lake mi kicker this would be a megaloop

don't forget, you can go big on snow too

here is a link to another video from the kota. The inventor/owner of exensr is from wisconsin. in fact for those of you who have been on the forum long enough he even was on here , his handle was wikiter. looks like he figured out a way to make money off us kiters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQU1at3jp4k
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby Eric A. » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm pretty much still a newbie, but I still love the big air.
That is what attracted me to kiting.

Now a days I'm just happy if get out on the water. Seems harder and harder to do each year.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby FSP » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 am

Hey E, speaking of mother air mega loops: I remember ur local boy "Tommy Fields" who was maybe 16??? doing very similar loops to this video 10 years ago!! Dont know how he would put together such skills but megalooping a 9m on 18m lines, with his kite some 20 yards underneath him!!! had the lines all cleared before landing and so smooooooth on the touch down. Was a crazy week of solid 7m days in a hot august haven! Proceeded to then bust out every kind of powered mobe handlepass dropping our jaws even further! siiiick stuff!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:44 am

exaggerate much?

if a kite is on 18m lines can it really be 20 yards below the rider. also the guys is 22 so was he busting this out when he was 12?

tommy rips though
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby Eric A. » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Tommy. Yeah that kid is incredible. He's in a whole other category of riding. He's a pro now. He was at the perfect age to get into kiting. He was always into wake boarding and once he learned how to stay upwind.....he just took off.

Let's just say that I've never seen anyone in person do what he can do. I've seen him 30 feet above me upside down passing the handle and stick it without his hair getting wet. I've also seen some of the most powered wipeouts from him as well....stuff that makes my knees cringe. His sister is an exceptional rider as well.....she would challenge many local riders around our area. I'm telling ya it's the kids that are showing us what's up now a days.

Him and Eric Merrill. Those two kids are as close to professional you'll see in Michigan. well I guess I can't call them kids now....they are adults now. There's a pro/kid from Muskegon now too who is making it happen....don't remember his name.

I don't know anything about line lengths and powered mega loops nor do I give a shit....but the wow factor when they go 30 plus feet off the deck.....which is incredibly high up......and throw anything gets my respect.......because I can't do that kinda stuff....my balls aren't big enough.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby FSP » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

madtown u almost sound ticked bout the technicalities :D but one thing for sure... u or nobody else is hardly going to accomplish what that kid could do at 16 (or whatever age he was) in our entire lifetime!! and that was as a southhaven local!!! and another thing that didnt get wrong was a damn low kite on short lines in big wind---truly mental and possibly not what ur visioning!!! Guessing he would easily be top of the pkra food chain if he wasnt being a straight A student at U ofM!!

heres they type a thang I recall and in this one: no kicker needed...just outrageous!!! Guess never in my bag o tricks but hope to see again live :D

(looking 20 yards below to me on shorties or maybe 18.5‘s ?? :D :D )

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/video_displ ... e-Megaloop
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Eric A. » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Old stuff....09 but you'll get the idea. Not 30 feet of the deck but still impressive in my old man humble newbie opinion.

http://vimeo.com/9096289

It's completely different when you see cats nailing this shit right up in your face. It's humbling. Now a days I'm just stoked to even get a session on the water to mow the lawn, hit some one hitter wonder waves, and do some jumps.......that's all I've got....but I LOVE IT!

I tell ya.......the older I get.......the harder it is to find time to get out. I envy those youngsters and others who can go whenever the wind blows.

I'm always impressed to see the progression of my friends all of whom have left me in the dust progression wise......they just get better and better while I'm slowly getting out of shape. I'm getting good at hitting the drums though. Been doing way more of that then riding that's for sure. I miss you kooks.

Maybe next season I can show off my tail grabs! Crowd pleaser for sure.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Eric A. » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Some of the hugest jumps I've seen in person would be.

Chris Gilbert at rooster rock in da gorge. C kite. At least 60 feet. Unreal. Highest I've ever seen in person. circa 2001?

Lake michigan hucksters

Brad knoth
James Otis
Mark hoeksema
Andy bolt
Jens Hansen
West Hansen
Greg from madtown
Eric Merrill
Tommy fields
Oh.....and you can't forget dimitri. Huge.

Hell.....look at what the entire madtown crew does on an inland lake........stupid high jumps...just sick I'm tellin ya.

Big big big.......

Still to this day.......when I see people send it huge with style it awes me that a human can do that. Kiting is so cool.
We dreamed of jumps that big in the windsurf days.........something many of you never had to experience ......but some can truly appreciate.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby jensmadwind » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:12 am

sorry to hear your not getting out much eric.

not trying to be a stickler on the numbers but why even use them when describing something if they aren't even close to reality. I believe its called "keeping it real".
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:35 pm

it may just be, too much ice, cold and boredom have gotten the best of this thread. now wheres my 18s, a megaloop and a warm, sweet windy day of of 35 degrees??? its freakin time already!!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos