one of 4 days

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

one of 4 days

Postby Cameltoeside » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:18 pm

Last edited by Cameltoeside on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cameltoeside
Kite Crew in Training

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:19 pm

is that the pole at zion in one of the shots?
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Cameltoeside » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:01 pm

can anybody see this vidoe now?
Cameltoeside
Kite Crew in Training

Postby STF » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Fuck ya! whoa thats some big shit!

V and West are tearing it apart.!!!!!
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby noabacca » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:06 am

Should change the name to "the 100 back rolls video"
Sweet back rolls guys!

Excellent front roll at the very end.

Pull some moves on switch, you know "You can do it!"

.NBP
Last edited by noabacca on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby Misfit » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:26 am

Usually I shy away from this sort of comment but I gotta say it.
Noah,
U have used up all of your negative comment passes for the year. Until you have 100 CONSECUTIVE positive posts u shouldn't complain about anyone else having fun or being proud of their riding, pics, or videos.
Sorry noah but you had it coming.
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby SmoothDusty » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:52 am

WHOA! I'm totally famous! You can totally see me - errr my kite - well, barely - but that's me back there, I swear! I'm huge! Wait, was that my five minutes err seconds err milliseconds of fame???
SmoothDusty
Resident Windfreak

Postby noabacca » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:17 pm

Misfit wrote -
Usually I shy away from this sort of comment but I gotta say it.
Noah,
U have used up all of your negative comment passes for the year. Until you have 100 CONSECUTIVE positive posts u shouldn't complain about anyone else having fun or being proud of their riding, pics, or videos.
Sorry noah but you had it coming.
Cory

That's the spirit!
Have some whine.
Tastes sweet.

-NBP
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby Misfit » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:49 am

yum, whine ;)
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Misfit » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:50 am

yum, whine ;)
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby palte » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:26 pm

is this footage from the 10th at zion? if so, that's my red crossbow in the background. I'm pretty disapointed you didn't highlihgt my ripping in the video. I perfected the front faceplant after smashing into a wave pretty well that day. I got so good at it by the end of the day, I managed to get taken out by a wave, then flew crotch first into the second wave coming, ending my day in a bit of pain (but it was 6ish and I was tired anyway) and lost my board for a good twenty minutes.
-mike
palte
Kite Crew in Training

Postby SmoothDusty » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:41 pm

Mike - I was out that day with you - it seemed like you went way down wind but then made it waaaaay back upwind... does that sound right? BTW, how was the crossbow that day? Pretty sweet?
SmoothDusty
Resident Windfreak

Postby Cameltoeside » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:49 pm

noah are you the dude with the sweet/killer/not fully grown mustache?
Cameltoeside
Kite Crew in Training

Postby palte » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:56 pm

the crossbow (mine is a 16m) is amazing, that was my 8th day on the water, plus I did the bridle mod, so bar pressure isn't an issue. from what I've heard from madison bow riders who are really good, is that with a bow kite, you can keep your edge longer while keeping the kite in the sweet spot, just prior to jumping, which increases your speed and the pop ect. this last sat. I got to finally use my 8.5 CO2, which was the first time I've used a C kite since getting my xbow, and it was a lot more challenging to get the kite into the sweet spot etc, but for someone experienced on Cs, that wouldn't be an issue. on another note, last friday I was kiting on lake menona and made it about 2mi upwind along the shoreline from my starting point, olbrich park. for those that know the lake, I made it infront of the capital and menona terrace. there is NO WAY I could have done that with a C kite. from my experience, bascially since it depowers so much, once you get rocking, you just sheet out and use your speed and point your board almost directly upwind until you slow down a bit, then drop the kite back a little, after a while, you find this sweet spot where you are just trucking upwind, with the kite at about 45 degrees. you can cover a lot of ground upwind that way, in fact, that's all I've been working on and have found it difficult to not go upwind anymore, assuming the wind is up. as far as the versitility, on sat. I was out on it with 19.5s up at first, then when I came in, most everyone was riding 10-12s, but I was getting freaked out with it in that weather and was just tuggin along, not really riding.
-mike
palte
Kite Crew in Training

Postby noabacca » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:18 pm

This is me with my "not fully grown" mustache?

Pretty much, this is the look I'm sportin' at this very moment. Add in a little more sun blasted skin damage, and you got it

So anybody can come up and "sucker punk" me, if it makes them feel better. I ain't afraid, but then again........

-NBP
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby noabacca » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:13 pm

More change ups, who saw this movie?

And then I thought I was that guy... for 5 minutes.

I look like a total bafoon, that's a laugh!

So anyway, sorry to hijack this thread.
Misfit, I just ran my history.
I can't find any negative posts, other than my "drysuit neck seal choke out rant" and maybe the "launch hooked in you fools" debate.

For all the gold nuggets of joy and knowledge I've given you guys.
Vacuum sealers, ehhhhhhh, Priceless advice on how to relaunch your kite without a 5th-line, Waroo bar mods, ehhhhhh, stunning pictures of "not so far away" places (Superior paradise, LSP gold coast) and much much more.

I can rant 5 out of 98 posts.

Oh, and here's an offer for the team riders, the hooked up riders, or those riders who just think they're big shots.

I will buy any of you 3 pitchers of Michigan's finest ale, Bell's OBERON, if you come to Michigan and perform a "unhooked ariel flat 360" before my blind son's birthday party.

BUT you must drink all 3 pitchers in one seating, or share them with your friends.

Plus, I'll put you all up for the night, at my house or boathouse, if you stink.

Who is up for that?

Jarch, you get me, are you gonna land a 3 this summer?

Or you can all decline my offer, tell me to take a hike, and I won't post another word.

Crustache! HEH!
NEO, did you keep at least one Waroo for yourself?

-NBP
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby West » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:31 am

It was quite the Birthday kite session for me on the 10th, my 40th going on 21. The best part was kiting with my buddies. Shawn and I kited all morning on 16 and 20's just staying upwind and having a blast, even had to walk the beach a couple of times, no worries :lol: ...The wind picked up and I rigged a 13.5 and enjoyed the steady NE, brightly sunny perfect Zion afternoon. We kited for the better part of the day, having started at 10... About 6 I was about to come in and de-rig and call it a day. But V, broken foot and hobbled, began to rig his 15. I came in and bummed an apple from Dustin, rigged my 12, and went out with V for an insane sunset session. To say it was the best kiting day for me ever, would be a tremendous understatement. I had so much damn fun, and I even learned how to do a back roll, can't wait to expand my horizons some, and learn those forward moves, and that toe-side thing. Maybe this summer when we go to LSP, where the wind and waves meet as one!!! Until then I'll be kiting with my buddies in Chicago and Madison, sharing a cold Spotted Cow, or a warm Hamm's afterwards; and swapping stories about who had the biggest "shit eating grin" on the water that day!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby V » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:09 am

and I even learned how to do a back roll

LOL! That's sum funny shiz West! you gotta learn to plane up before you backroll you swimmin fool! LOL

Noah, you got three weeks to get your shiz together before we show up in MI for the camping trip, bro... git er done!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby noabacca » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:30 pm

V,
I'll work on it, when I'm not working on working.

For clearification.

I want to see a rider do an "aerial flat 360 handle pass"
Off a kicker wave, would be the method I'm thinking.

I know somebody can either already do these, or will nail it within a day at LSP or "flatsville".

No wind for the next 3-4 days, that I'm seeing.

Remember thats,
3 PREMIUM pitchers of beer and free lodging to the person and their guests who pulls this move off.

Also, check out my theme song here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDuyJrJCKqw

"Teewrr we meet again earfff rings"

-NBP
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby Cameltoeside » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:50 pm

HAHAHAHAH could not have found a better song to sum this up, I take you seriousry, you seem like a funny guy, but don’t be ronrey I am here for you. :lol: :lol:
Cameltoeside
Kite Crew in Training

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos