what to do on those no wind days, wake kite

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

what to do on those no wind days, wake kite

Postby palte » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 am

palte
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Rorke » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:17 pm

I can't wait to see where this is in a few years.
Wearing a tether directly from the boat to the waist harness, and flying a paraglider would work a lot better. The wipeouts would be backbreaking unless the boat could stop on a dime or the tether could auto-release.
Off to the drawing board...
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby kris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:21 pm

this won't even last a season. people will try it once and realise you aren't getting anymore air on jumps than you should without.

unless this is considered a training device on what it feels like to be able to jump? besides your boat speed is now limited
--------------K-r-i-s----------------------------
kris
Boosticus Maximus

Postby palte » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:53 pm

check out the video off the site, http://www.wakekite.com/index_main.php click on video at the bottom of the center oval area. the most recent video shows the hangtime of the thing.

personally, I think this thing will be kinda popular if its done right. although it looks like it needs a person sitting in the boat with a quick release to instantly detach it once the person falls, it's seen in one of the website videos. it looks like the kite doesn't respond much to "operator" input, so I think the average joe who can wakeboard would be able to try it, making it have mass apeal, although I dobt it will ever be a mainstream extreme sport. plus, if you think of how much money hardcore wakeboarders invest in fat sacks, towers etc for their boat, buying a kite to have bigger air would seem resonable, especially for those people who don't wakeboard behind a ski boat, as in your average inboard/outboard boat or deck boats, so these people are very limited on the air you can get due to the crappy wake produced (I grew up wakeboarding behind a 4 winns boat, always jealous of people with real rigs). it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
palte
Kite Crew in Training

Return to Pictures and Videos