mon-tuesday, wish i was in sheboygan today

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

mon-tuesday, wish i was in sheboygan today

Postby jensmadwind » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Monday in Baileys Harbor

Baileys local Sam Marks goes for a big F16 ends with big yardsale

Tuesday in Two Rivers

Last edited by jensmadwind on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby noabacca » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 pm

Freakin' Awsome Pictures!

Yardsale at 15'-20', youch!

Nice moves on the "Omega"

BTW, what kind/size board are you riding, Jens?

Cool colors.

-Noah
noabacca
Master of Kite

Great pics

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Nice pics Jens! I wish I was up in Baileys on Monday. I talked to Jesse today and he said it was epic. Thinking about heading up this weekend if the wind looks good.
Andy
Board Monkey

Postby jensmadwind » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:25 pm

The pictures in Baileys were taken by and you may have guessed this Dan Eggert. Dan lives in Door County and works for the Peninsula Pulse. He has been taking and publishing kiteboarding pictures for at least 5 years. Here is a link some of the other shots he took that day
http://daneggert.com/Peninsula%20Pulse/ ... index.html

I was just upwind of Sam when he went for that f-16. He was on a 9 or 11 Naish Torch and went for it at the end of the jetty that these pictures were being taken from. It is always scary gusty in this 100 yard stretch and he timed a 25knot gust perfectly (to his surprise i suspect). My jaw dropped as i saw him rocket to 20 feet completely horizontal, come around on his rotation, realize what he had done and pitch the bar and his board. He dropped straight out of the sky as the 5th line pretty much killed the pull from the kite. I rode up on him and he said exactly what Noah said "youch". He then relaunched the kite and rode out the session. His older brothers were also ripping.

This season I have been riding the Underground 132x39 flx. It is the only board I have and with a quiver of 9,12,16 bows it gets me out 90% of the time.
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos