Saturday in MIchigan

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Saturday in MIchigan

Postby V » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 am

Good weekend of kiting with everyone! Keith was good enough to let us crash at his place, thanks again! Here's the uncropped reduced-size version of some of my photos this weekend. Everyone rippin' it up.

V
Unstrapped!

Postby Eric A. » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:57 am

SUPER SICK !!!!
Why did I have to work THAT day. Doah, freaking weddings getting in the way of a killer session at one of my FAV spots!
Glad you guys scored the Uber session at sugar tits....you could see the tits in the mist.

Remember....fight club....first rule is you don't talk about fight club. :)
She can get crowded quickly.

Question: where is Noah the landlord? I didn't see any shots of him? He had to have been there watchin over the flock.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby KitKrazy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:00 am

Lucky Lucky! That is some flat water!
Noah K
KitKrazy
Resident Windfreak

Postby Eric A. » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:01 am

#6 WOW NICE ONE

Love the close up backroll kite loop shots too.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby V » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:20 am

Erik, I was on the water for probably 90% of the time we were there. Talk about beat tired brutha! I took my camera out for about 5 minutes. Darius took some shots with my camera while I was riding, but most were far away. I gotta teach that dude how to use the zoom better but he did good for his first try. My first try I think I took 400 shots and got 3 good ones LOL...

So when I was taking photos, noa was on the shore hanging out. And I forgot to give Noa HUGE props for letting me ride his SS SX board. I snapped mine in half. Too many kiteloops! It was bound to happen. Oh and Noa, I got that replacement CL installed and it worked Sunday awesome. You saved me another trip! Got two hours in on the water Sunday before my arms turned monkey. The guy's got everything you need in his truck. Its a rolling kite-shop...

Good to see you Erik and all the MI crew. Till next weekend lol...
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Nygs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:23 am

Damn V! Sick shots!!!
What was the lens that you were using? I need to get me one.

Anyways, thanks again to Keith! That was a killer weekend!!!

Did someone say hashish?!?!

-Jake
Nygs
Master of Kite

Postby V » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 am

ahhaahahahah, that was a funny night! Jesus is here!

Sigma 70-200F2.8 I think I was shooting at f4.5 and still getting 1/3200 to 1/4000 shutter speeds. I think you can probably save money and get a 100-300 f4.5 or something and have a great kiting lens though the 2.8 will get you money shots early or late when the sun is low.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby jarch » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:30 am

Awwwww YEAH! Unforgettable weekend. Rivals the Memorial Day '06 in Sheboygan weekend. Most memorable quote of the weekend... We are slowly waking up on Sunday morning. Greg has his head buried in his pillow and West shows up at the door and starts to rally the troops. Greg awakes from a deep slumber, opens his eyes, and the first thing he sees is West standing in the doorway light shining to create a silhouette with his trademark long hair and Greg says, "I think I see Jesus!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again to Keith for putting up with 10 rowdy kiters. Thanks Noah for hosting us at your sweet spot. Next time I hope to be able to tear myself away from that flat water paradise to go on the big downwinder!
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby kwk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 am

I had a blast. It was great having everyone over and experiencing the V-Town lifestyle! I hope Holland becomes V-Town again in the near future.

Appreciate everyone taking great care of the place. Sorry I had to cut the jam short. I think I was looking at the clock that was off an hour, if I would have realized it was an hour earlier I would have let it go another hour. Actually this weekend was exactly what I was envisioning when we bought the place.

Great riding with everyone.
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby West » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks again Keith, unbelievable weekend. Mighty kind of you to open your place to a bunch of degenerate kiters. Holland is a great place, and you gotta love that Oberon mini-keg. Good thing we didn't stay at the brewery any longer or V and Arch would've finished all of the beer in the parking lot!! Then we would've never gotten any sleep, those two were giggling like two junior high girls on a sleepover...although all the harassing of Greg got him to bust out the ol' Crowdpleaser sunday!!!! All time kiting weekend!!!! We'll have a hard time topping that one, but we'll give it a try. Thanks to Noah, Eroc, Jimbo, Bob and the rest of the Michigan crew for sharing the beaches with the Chicago clan, good to see them ripping it up!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby jkjaeschke » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm

Yea thanks again Keith. How did sunday turn out in south haven?

\m/
James
jkjaeschke
Resident Windfreak

Postby smpl » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:29 pm

As above, thanks to Keith for putting up with our shit and to everyone who took time out to take pictures!
smpl
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos