Saturday on the lake

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Saturday on the lake

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am

Saturday afternoon was pretty nice on the west side of lake Michigan. 15-20 with occasional gusts to 25. I will remember it for a while.

My neck really hurts from this one

jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby Eric A. » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 am

KICK F'nA buddy....nice shots.

Where is this little honey hole that you are riding....looks kinda smooth out there.

I'm likin that rock jettie or land mas up wind.....can u ride near that and get the butter? Do waves wrap around that point and get nice n clean there?

Today is day no. 6 straight here in MI ....MK is NW 20-25kts.

Jens, gotta come over sometime soon buddy, the water is WARM. Bryan and girlie are headin over next week for a week....I hope he gets a good taste of his good ol home state....he'll wish he never would have moved to Madtown.

Unreal coule of weeks here.....only 3 or 4 days off from kiting in like 2 weeks....crazy. Wind just keep blowin.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby adseguy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:33 am

Great shots!

I like the second one, the "bobbings for apples" move.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby V » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 am

Jens what straps/pads do you use? Have you changed em out since that last time we rode in the swamp? I'm getting new ones, some liquid force, just curious...
V
Unstrapped!

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am

Eric,

Doesn't look like i will be able to make it over there until the 4th
great to hear you guys are getting it so consistently.

I don't know if i could handle it. I have wiplash so bad from the second crash posted above that I was a hazard on the road yesterday because i couldn't turn my head to either side.

Much better today.

Maybe if could kite as much as you guys I wouldn't kill myself with 3-4 hour power sessions.

The spot is in Door County and it is picture perfect but rarely are the conditions "perfect".

The rock jetty is small in comparison to any of the inlet jettys along the ports of Lake Michigan. The wind has to be south south east for the wind to be clean behind the jetty. If there is no east in the wind it becomes holey and gusty close to shore.

V,

I am using the Liquid Force Luxury strap and pad combo. Its like kiting with Nike Airs on.
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos