my new 15m flysurfer speed 3

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

my new 15m flysurfer speed 3

Postby dewsy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

no wind to fly, so I laid it out for pics.. review is coming soon..

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby schuss8899 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Nice kite, dewser. Are you panging for that light wind ju ju....or, why the foil? Too bad you missed the snow season with it, well done...look forward to your review....dont dryland fly it, you might die.
schuss8899
Resident Windfreak

Postby nG » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:54 pm

Congrats! I'm waiting to see you on the beach riding while everyone is complaining that there's no wind :)))) should be an awesome kite. where did u buy it from?
G
nG
Master of Kite

Postby dewsy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm

flysurfer-usa.com got a great deal, the guy who i spoke to chatted with me for about 20 min to make sure i got exactly what i was looking for..

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby nG » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 pm

well, at least there are few corporations left in the world in which a real person answers the phone and actually wants to help you instead of just charge you. :D
G
nG
Master of Kite

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

The flysurfers are awesome but don't get them all tangled in the other lines it will take you a while to get it back as how it was :D
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby gbleck » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Nah the lines don't tangle that much as you don't remove them from the kite when you wind them back on the bar.

First time you launch it in light wind it will look kind of scary if you don't preinflate it a lot. The tips look all scary as it goes up to zenith. They won't get caught or wraped. Let it go to the top and then give it a few light left and rights if the wind is light and they will inflate all the way. Oh and the transition from bows to the speed 3 is fairly easy but you have to remember not to over trim in light wind. The combination of light light bar presure and the jet flaps let you keep the kite flying just fine with more angle of atack/ over sheeted then is optimal. It stays up and pulls but it works bettter if you ease out a bit and let the kite acelerate.

Congrats and welcome to the giant flying spageti monster fraternity. :)
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby adseguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 pm

gbleck wrote:Congrats and welcome to the giant flying spageti monster fraternity. :)

LOLOL. That's pretty good.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby dewsy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 am

i LOVE this thing.. it's like going from a 4 cylinder civic to a brand new tahoe.. bar pressure is soo light and effortless, I thought my bow kites were light on the bar pressure, but this thing is rediculous.. there was a nice breeze after I had first gotten it fully inflated so I pulled in and before I knew it I was hanging right there in the air, lifting off ever so smoothly and the hangtime is awesome.. worth every penny in my book..

a LOT frustrating though to put it away for the first time.. I'm thinkin about getting the 12m too, but i'll wait and make sure this thing is everything I think it is when I can get it out on the water..

it still scares me, the fact that I can crash my 12m in the water, and it's going to float no matter what even if waves hit it, but this, seems like it'd be a nightmare if a wave hit it before I could get it back in the air..

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:31 pm

The flysurfer can have some waves don't worry about that! My voodoo's were bouncing off the water IF I was able to crash them.
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Return to Pictures and Videos