Kite Swap Pics - May 8th - Lake St Beach

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Kite Swap Pics - May 8th - Lake St Beach

Postby Like To Kite » Fri May 14, 2010 2:01 am

What a fun day that turned out to be! Loved hanging out and chatting with all the cool Chicago kiters! Unbelievable conditions too, awesome seeing everyone out there riding hard. I had fun zipping along and sharing the kite buggy and 4m Ozone Access. Amazing wind for all of us to be cruising on a 4m!

Thanks Adrien for putting all that hard work into organizing the kite swap. You handled those last minute changes well and it was a great event for everyone because of it.

Thanks Adrien and Lino from Windigo and everyone else involved with feeding the hungry, cold and a few hung over kiters that day, much appreciated! Some of us may have had a little too much fun at the fundraiser for foster kids the night before. Hope you get well soon Brian!

Nice Windigo clothes Lino. I'll have to get a Sherpa hoodie to stay warm for those cold days at the beach.

Hope to see all you soon at the beach and ripping on the water!

Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Postby V » Fri May 14, 2010 7:17 am

Ditto the thanks to adrien for making the call on the swap and doing the deed. (and moving it to miller where the wind worked better). Nice pics, till next time!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby snowball » Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 am

Yea fun day

Thanks for bringing out the buggy that was fun and allot harder than i thought, i like didnt know you had to edge upwind to stop lol.

It seems like you girls have an awesome set up. BTW I wanna demo the ozone c kite next time lol 8)

cya on the water

-Henry Lazerow
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Like To Kite » Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Was a fun time seeing you ride that buggy! It is different at first getting used to riding with no edges only steering. Sorry for dropping Lino with a faulty knot. Too bad the seat ripped apart on Adrien too. Karen (my Mom) and I have now re-sewn it and added reinforcements and attachment clips so it is now stronger than it ever was before. Hopefully only fun times on it from now on. Taking it out today for a test run!

Welcome to demo my Ozone C4s anytime. Just ordered a 10m yesterday so now I'll have a 10m and 12m for everyone to fly! Send me a message, email, text or just wave me down when you see me at the beach .

Happy Kiting!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Return to Pictures and Videos