Classic

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Aero II, Classic fo' Sure

Postby hammer » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:42 am

I also bought an Aero long ago when the addiction set in, now I really feel mature, purchased that bad boy from the only local kite shop in MI at the time, wow how things have changed. Also had the first Fuel, that kite spanked me over and over along with the Aero, everytime I took it out of the bag something happened. Painstakingly frustrating time and time again, the gear is so good today in comparison to yesteryears technology but oh the memories, priceless!
hammer
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby Misfit » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am

Bob,
Did andy end up with that torque?

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am

Oh yes the first Fuels were scary! My uncle had one and those things were FAST compared to the Aero's. Its funny to look back at it now
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby noabacca » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Does anybody know the first year the FUEL came out?

2001?

What was up with the Slingshot bar back then?

I had a 2000?-2001 B5 Foil, that had the side line safety,
ring-through-a-ring, never let me down, with long side leaders, so there was no chance of a knot to get hung up, when you used it.

I had a 2002 Fuel 160, which came with the same style of kill-leash. I sold the 160 kite in early 2004, when I picked up the some 04 Fuels.
The buyer let me fly the kite again late summer in 04, and remember it being a great kite. May not have had a a ton of depower in the chicken-loop, but it flew fast for a 16M, was stable and could jump.
“All the above content is just my opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. I cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 am

Misfit wrote:Bob,
Did andy end up with that torque?

Cory

No...but he got my second fuel. The black beauty. I still have the torque.

I really really want to pull that puppy out, fix the bladders and see what it's like to ride it. No depower.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos