World Music

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

World Music

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:08 pm

This is pretty cool found it on a Dutch kiteboarding website. Check it out and see ityourself

http://www.playingforchange.com/episode ... re_Trouble
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby ironben » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm

really good one
Just crank it up!
11 RPM 12 M;09 kahoona 13.5; 10 kahoona 9.5;10 Nobile NHP 7m
Spleene164;NHP 137";Axon 6.0
Ben 630-638-3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Postby jojy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Loved every second of it :wink:
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby jarch » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 pm

They're playing at Park West here in Chicago on Nov 10th. Not sure who/how big the band will be.
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby jojy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Where did you got that info ? I'd like to see them.....
Can you post a link ?
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn cool!!!!! That is what it is all about.........BOB is so intense and soulful........

Funny thing about it is that my buddy gave me a Playing For Change CD, and I play it all the time. Great music....now the funny part....

My CD player in the lil ol Red Truck began "acting up" and will only play a minute or two of a song before it stops altogether. Well, I have grown fond of track 8 of the CD (Chanda Mama), and the groove in the song is quite addictive, so when heading to the beach I throw in the CD, hit #8 and let it play for about 1 min 38 sec, and keep hitting play again....over, and over, and over.....when Greg and I went to Pt Betsie last weekend, we must have listened to that 1 min 38 sec of Chanda Mama at least 300 times.....and it never got old, just got better each time.....picture two "haole" boyz cruising up the coast with Lake Michigan shining in the moonlight, wind "wailing" on the trees, windows down with the last bit of summer in the air, humming along to a song whose lyrics we can't even understand, and every time the song stops at 1 min 38 sec....we laugh, and just hit replay and keep on humming along.....destined for a 40 knot "blow", and double head-high waves!!!! That's some POWERFUL music, do yourself a favor and pick up the Playing for Change CD & DVD.....put on track 8, hit repeat and let it go for an hour or so!!!

When we finished kiting Muskegon B4 heading up to Pt Betsie, we had Rick play the whole track in the parking lot at the beach. Then we opened up some Oberons, and listened to it about 5 times all the way through.....nice to hear the whole thing....but wholly unnecessary, cause it is so overwhelmingly great at 1 min 38 secs....

After kiting MC in the moonlight the next day on our way back from Pt Betsie, we grabbed a couple of coldies at the Shoreline Brewery. We decided to hit the best road in the Midwest.....the road from MC to Beverly via the marsh area. Not a car on the road, and under a brilliant full moon, I turned off the lights and crept at 10 mph down the "battered" road.....listening to 1 min 38 secs of Chanda Mama....over and over with the moonlight reflecting off the marshes, and shining off the dead branches of the trees mired in the marsh.....beyond mystical!!!!

Found it on the same site under ALL VIDEOS.....#7.....fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHANDA MAMA :D :D

Awesome Maurice.....love the vibe you bring to the scene!!!!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Return to Pictures and Videos