Fly It, Brake it, Fix it -- Mission acompleashed

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Fly It, Brake it, Fix it -- Mission acompleashed

Postby jojy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Just wanted to thank all the good ppl offering their help with the kite fix.

I've ordered the repair kit, and..well....here is the result :

http://picasaweb.google.com/avinachom/K ... directlink

I'm happy, can't wait to try it.....
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby 4w7s » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am

Nice work Jojy

Akol metzoyan!
8)
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm

That's good work. If you still have some left I'll buy the rest of the kit from you as I have a GIANT tear on my 10meter I crashed hard.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Misfit » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm

ur new kite?

Cory
Forum Nerd. I like to talk a lot but don't get out much.
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby 4w7s » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 pm

adseguy wrote:That's good work. If you still have some left I'll buy the rest of the kit from you as I have a GIANT tear on my 10meter I crashed hard.

The tubes are fairly small and if you have a really long tear to fix you would be wise to make sure you have enough to complete the job. Just order a basic kit with the glue and mesh, or you can even use standard drywall mesh with the glue. The only problem is the drywall mesh comes in long rolls and only one color.

I'd even order 2 tubes while your at it, so you have the kite handy next time you need it, or maybe a friend 8) .

either way the kitefix materials are very cheap considering the other options. (about 1/2 of shipping costs for an average kite)

or you could try tear-aid, which might be aavailable at a good hardware store, home depot?
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby jojy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Roberto,
If $38 dollar (shipping include) is cheep to you, then I really don't know what expensive is.
I bought my kit from eBay (a guy from Canada) for $25, brand new, the same that I wanted to get from KiteFix.com and 5 days shipping.
Sure the kit was $22, but when I was about to order, there shipping was $15 ( :shock: ) !!!!

WTF ?!?! and then ppl wondering why "we do not support local" ??

Check it yourself : http://www.kitefix.com/catalog/product_ ... 26e3ef928d

Sorry, but this is just sad :cry:

BTW, they call it the RipStop kit, who's going to stop their Rip(off) ??
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Postby 4w7s » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Jojy,

So, what would be the next cheapest option? Probably over $100 for shipping and a sew job?

I imagine you could have found a shop in the USA that would ship it for under $5.

But if it ships from Canada I am sure that adds cost.

Depending on your proximity - or lack thereof - to a shop (but in most cases not very close by) the time and gas alone to drive to a shop to get a $25 item does not make sense if it can be sent for $5-$10...even $15. But shipping is not the fault of/or under the control of Kitefix (or Shop X) Would not your gripe be with the shipper? I imagine if Kitefix could sell 100,000 tubes each day the cost of the stuff would go way down. But just like everything there is economy of scale, marketing and overhead, etc. for any product.

If I went back 10 years and if I could have fixed all my kite tears with Kitefix I probably would have spent under $200 (not including bladder costs)

What's "expensive"? How much does a can of tennis balls, or golf balls cost these days?...not to mention court fees/greens fees/country club fees and spending quotas...or how about even good running shoes? Most serious runners wear out a pair of $100+ shoes every 3-4 months.

Or how about racing cars on an amateur level? A day at the track: $1,000 to $10,000+++ (tires, brakes, clutch, fuel/oil, track fees, lodging, car transport). One tire is more than $200!

Fishing?...boat, fuel/oil, transport, launch fees, permits, licenses, lures, rods, reels....at the end of the day $1000 per fish?

Or...horseback riding, skiing, sailing, etc, etc..

kitesurfing and surfing...still arguably two of the cheapest things you can do - plus very environmentally friendly by comparison.

I suppose we could all stay at home and save our money....

It's all relative.... I guess

don't worry be happy go kiting 8)
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks Roberto. Always helpful and I'll looks into it.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Kitefix glue is great for other things like gluing yourr tires on your nitro cars lol. Basic kit does a lot. I have found all you basically need is the white mesh and the glue, try to stay away from the color stuff because it tends to show more...

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Return to Pictures and Videos