Wanted: Newbie Twin-Tip

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Wanted: Newbie Twin-Tip

Postby mrgrey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Looking for a beginner twin tip to complete my needed gear. I have a line on a couple but wanted to see if there was a deal to be made out there since I have a little more time till I will need it. Thx

5'11" 172lb
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Re: Wanted: Newbie Twin-Tip

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:07 pm

The only board I have for sale is a 133 which is a tad small for you as a first board. But if you are interested it is a underground FLX

My buddy has a bunch of really nice boards and he is a bigger guy so they will be perfect for a first board. He lives right outside chicago give him a call tell him i let you know.

His names Polo and yea he has 3 or 4 boards he was trying to sell polo- 224 588 6963
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby mrgrey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Talked to him yesterday and sounds like the board that woulda worked for me was sold to Artem.. then he unloaded it to someone else.. thx though. Keep an eye out for me... BTW got my 6/5/4 Hyperflex with boots and gloves.. Ready for some March/April wakeboarding! Or some kiting would be nice too! Just gotta learn how.. lol.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 pm

mrgrey wrote: Or some kiting would be nice too! Just gotta learn how.. lol.

Get a lesson and you will learn how to kite! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby mrgrey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Dutchkiteboarder wrote:
mrgrey wrote: Or some kiting would be nice too! Just gotta learn how.. lol.

Get a lesson and you will learn how to kite! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know it.. got some time in with Henry at the end of last season and been practicing what I can since. One more good lesson and I will be up riding.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby 4w7s » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:17 pm

mrgrey wrote:Looking for a beginner twin tip to complete my needed gear. I have a line on a couple but wanted to see if there was a deal to be made out there since I have a little more time till I will need it. Thx

5'11" 172lb

Do you know what you are looking for? "Beginner board" can mean diffferent things to different people.

I have a Spleene Door 54 I'd be willing to sell.
It's one of the best light wind and learning boards out there.
At some point you will probably want a smaller board though.
You can do some simple tricks with it, but it requires a little more skill to land them clean.
The beautiful thing is that you can be on a smaller kite (2-3m less) than with a smaller board.
Since learning the basics is best accomplished in light to medium waves and calm water you should think about a larger board to start.
But not all large boards go upwind the same. You'll get tons of time on the water with this board...as compared to a smaller board.

I also have a monster door (164) but not sure I want to sell that becasue it is more useflu for teaching. Also the 164 Door is a lot heavier and not as fun as the 54 Door.

If interested send me an email with your contact info

rvillate@msn.com
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby mrgrey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

4w7s wrote:
mrgrey wrote:Looking for a beginner twin tip to complete my needed gear. I have a line on a couple but wanted to see if there was a deal to be made out there since I have a little more time till I will need it. Thx

5'11" 172lb

Do you know what you are looking for? "Beginner board" can mean diffferent things to different people.

I have a Spleene Door 54 I'd be willing to sell.
It's one of the best light wind and learning boards out there.
At some point you will probably want a smaller board though.
You can do some simple tricks with it, but it requires a little more skill to land them clean.
The beautiful thing is that you can be on a smaller kite (2-3m less) than with a smaller board.
Since learning the basics is best accomplished in light to medium waves and calm water you should think about a larger board to start.
But not all large boards go upwind the same. You'll get tons of time on the water with this board...as compared to a smaller board.

I also have a monster door (164) but not sure I want to sell that becasue it is more useflu for teaching. Also the 164 Door is a lot heavier and not as fun as the 54 Door.

If interested send me an email with your contact info

rvillate@msn.com

Familiar with it Roberto! I actually bought my 2 kites and bar from you. This is Matt BTW... I am interested in having more than one board and seeing what is available. If I get some time w/ you in St. Pete I may just pick that up from you... in the mean time another board 137+ has been recommended too..
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby 4w7s » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:49 pm

oops, sorry Matt. did not put 2+2 together.

Yep, hopefully we can pull someting together in St. Pete. Let's keep in touch on that.

as far as an all-around board for intermediate to advanced riding anything from 132 to 137 is good as a second board...it all depends on overall shape - outline, rocker, width, flex, etc...but we probably discussed a lot of this already. Some people like even smaller boards, e.g I have a few 120cm custom boards that are sweet rides...but my go to twin tip for all-around conditions is 131x41 - but I only ride twin tips about 5% of the time the past 2-3 years.

btw/ a friend of mine is making some cool 2-piece boards, all carbon. around $550usd for a twin tip (board only - no accessories) If you travel a lot this could be the ticket. I want him to build a 2-piece version of my Spleene Zone (surf shape) for me. He has already built a 1-piece copy of it and it rides nice...but some different challenges to build a 2-piece directional like that.
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby mrgrey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 am

Got what I needed from another forum.. thanks guys for keepin and eye out for me. Ride safe!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale