Selling an old board for $50

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Selling an old board for $50

Postby V » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:42 pm

I used this board all summer this year while I was between primary boards. It is a 136cm Slinsghot Zepplin 2003 or 2002, can't remember. Its in good shape, pretty much indestructable. I would recommend this for someone who is lighter and smaller, maybe a girl or a smaller guy. I used it and had fun, but I would consider this a high-wind board. It is very light and likes wind. I would sell it for $50. For that price I think its a good deal for someone starting out, etc. Here's the board:

V
Unstrapped!

Postby Misfit » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:06 pm

For that price I think you should be able to write it off of your taxes. That is a steal!
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby mikejlewis1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:19 am

I'm looking for my first board for next year, I'm 5'10" and 170 is this to small for me. I won't be riding in high winds just beginer stuff. Thx. Also any idea what shipping would be to Kingston Ontario? K7M 3N9
mikejlewis1

Postby V » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:18 am

Mike, 170lbs might be a little big for this board as a beginner. Granted, I'd like to sell it, but I'd like to sell it to someone that would enjoy it. If you can't find another deal somewhere and want to give it a shot, lemme know. Its up to you.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby mikejlewis1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:19 am

Thanks for the honest reply. How much bigger of a board should i be buying? Its really tempting cause its such a deal.
mikejlewis1

Postby V » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:21 am

Its more due to the fac tthat you're a beginner, I would say like a 145cm board. Maybe a bit wider too. The 136 is a bit too short and narrow to learn on. It won't plane up as easily. But it depends on your budget. $50 will certainly get you on the water immediately for a small hit to the wallet. Up to you.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby jarch » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:26 am

V...you should expect a check from Rush for the board. It's floating somewhere in Lake Michigan. :cry: He found his WLF though...luckily that was the expensive one. :D
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby V » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Dude, you're kidding me, right? I thought he was out on the slingshot looking for the WLF? What did he do, find it, then leave the SS in the water?
V
Unstrapped!

cheap board

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:11 pm

Do you still have the SS board for sale? I'm interested in buying it. Would you consider posting it to Pennsylvania?

Postby Artem » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:06 am

I'll take it I live in Highland Park and go to waukegan to ride Illionois beach to be exact I can meet you there sometime. Call me 1847-208-2758
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby nicole » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:26 am

GIMME GIMME GIMME!! I WANT IT! MINE.
nicole
Master of Kite

Postby V » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:21 am

Sergei and everyone. I've been getting a bunch of calls on this. The board is sold, er, lost. Anyhooo... its not available anymore. Well, actually it is. It can be yours for free if you find it adrift in the middle of the lake somewhere!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:29 pm

Where did you lose it?

It was me

Postby rush » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:12 pm

I lost the board, the other weekend at Waukegan...actually I lost two. Yeah it was a good day. Got caught out when that really big gust came through and got pulled off my edge and the wind was too strong to body drag back to it and I had to go in. By the time the wind settled down again, i went out on V's board (which I was planning on buying) to look for my primary board....Came down from a jump too hot, wiped...gusts came up, same damn thing, couldn't body drag up wind. So I went in to shore waited till the gusts died down and dragged back out. I was so lit that with the kite at neutral when I pulled down on the bar, it would pick me up so only my toes were in the water....which was great for looking around but V's board was nowher to be seen. Walked Waukengan beach...nothing....

Next day I drove up to Zion and walked all the way down to the power plant and found my WLF140 3/4 of the way down the beach. The Zeplin was never found.

Rush
rush
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Trent Hink » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 pm

Sorry to hear about the board being lost, the problem is that that thing is too damn black.

A buddy of min lost his slingshot sx in the big pond a couple of months ago - same problem, the board was black and grey.

I know it's maybe not so fashionable, but kiteboards NEED to be finished in gay 80's poleboarding fluorescent colors.
Trent Hink
Wind Chaser

Postby V » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:59 pm

Yeah, those Zero Gs are bright and yellow which really helps. Unless its 20 minutes before dusk, you can see em pretty easily. I swam out a few weeks ago from shore in St Joe and saw it from shore when I lost mine in super light winds, then swam out and it helped. It was a long swim in cold water!

In light winds, you can't keep the kite up so you gotta sine it and you can lose the obard, or in high winds like Mike said, you can't get upwind, the kite drags you downwind too fast. I keep a 2nd leash for the board on my harness, but I biffed too hard and lost it way upwind that day. BUt a good idea is to keep a second leash clipped on your harness that you can attach to the board and when your kite goes down, hook the board up, relaunch the kite, then you have your board right there.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby rush » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:12 pm

thats good advice, i need to do that
rush
Kite Crew in Training

I think trent is

Postby joeswan » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:20 pm

gay

Just kidding buddy!

Got a huge laugh out of that thread!

Can't wait until we are sucking cheap beer in Tampa!!!!!
joeswan

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale