looking for starter kite to borrow or buy

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

looking for starter kite to borrow or buy

Postby dewsy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Hey I'm really interested in getting started in kitesurfing.. it looks like a lot of fun, i love the water and it's something I haven't tried before.. i'm looking for a kite to learn on.. I would really like to borrow it for a weekend or so, so i can get the hang of how to control a small sized kite as all the learner sites suggest.. if there is anyone in the chicagoland area i might be able to hook up with and maybe get some "pro-bono" instruction, that would be really cool!! I know that there are lessons i can take but a buckfifty seems a bit steep to me.. if there's anyone interested in helping out a newbie that would be really cool.. thanks guys.. also i would be interested in hooking up with some people just to go and watch..

-dewsy

ps. i go to school at UIC (U of IL at Chicago) and I live in Oak Brook (a chicago burb) send me an email if you can hook me up..
dewsy
Master of Kite

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale