TAWAS ADVENTURE!!! JULY 13-18

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: TAWAS ADVENTURE!!! JULY 13-18

Postby chillin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Some pics as promised.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10089
Ozone C4, Ozone Edge
Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD

314-800-6244
chillin
Wind Chaser

Postby kytbord » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi folks,

All this talk of isotropic thermal magic leads me to simply offer this: Image

Yes, the forecast was bad but even I got up and rode this past weekend. All the pics I took on Saturday are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1026600972 ... directlink

Yes, you can see the lake bottom in the close up shots of Jimbo. Sorry, no pics from Sunday as I was focusing 100% on riding.

Thanks everyone for a great time. Thanks Mike, Annie & Jason for sharing your cabin with me.

Jim
8four7-7seven2-1zero7eight
kytbord
Pump Master

Postby IVO » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Awesome pictures and after reading sounds like you guys had major fun!!!!!!!Way to GO :wink:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby drxh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 pm

A few of the pics from the vids I shot...

Jimbo Gettin Huge

Spreading my wings

Going into my first Double!
Sportin the Red...

- Ryan
drxh
Chop Wrestler

Postby nG » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 am

It was a great trip! Cabins that Amanda recommended were nothing but perfect, with soft sand leading the way from a front door all the way to the beach! :) THank you Steven for sharing your zepphyr on Friday, and thank you Nick for letting me try your new 19m toy :) Moreover, thanks everybody for smiles and great time!
We have to do this again :twisted:

Im thinking traverse city :shock:
G
nG
Master of Kite

Postby West » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 am

So incredibly stoked to hear how your kiting trip to Tawas came to fruition.....my hat's off to you Amanda for organizing such a wonderful weekend of kiting for all to enjoy!!!! Smiles are contagious........... :D

Happy Kiting
West
Wind Whore

Postby Like To Kite » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 pm

What a fun trip we had, all those positive vibes really paid off! Ivo and West, thanks so much for sending us your positive energy and messages. Roberto, I am so glad that you joined in the Tawas fun and had a great time. Next time please stop by and say hi, we’d love to kite with you! Everyone at MCK and GLK and all the friendly locals always make us feel so welcome, thanks for sharing your incredible spot and local knowledge with all of us! Much love and respect to all of you from the Chicago crew!

It was so nice to have such a fun and friendly group from Chicago all hanging out together sharing their kiting passion around the campfire, at the beach and on the water. It was such a nice mix of people both experienced and new. About 20 kiters from the Chicago area showed up in all at various times. 8 of us camped together swapping stories over scrumptious s’mores made over the fan fed campfire. We also had the pleasure of sharing delicious meals, thanks Nick for those amazing marinated kebabs! It was also truly a pleasure working with 4 students over the long weekend at such a beginner friendly spot where amazing progression can be made very quickly.

The entire group showed such camaraderie regardless of the conditions. One of the highlights of my weekend was seeing how enthusiastically everyone swapped their gear and we all had so much fun trying out new things. Everybody cheered each other on and everyone had a great time.

All of the students that were on the trip should feel so proud of themselves. We covered so many new techniques, great practical safety skills, and accomplished so much. Sergio had the advantage of the smoothest winds possible on Sunday afternoon. He was able to put it all together and progressed in a big way on a 13m Ozone C4 and 144 BROKITE Board. Here are a few photos in sequence because I think it sums the mood up nicely for the weekend.

All the days there were really fun and Sunday was just outstanding. I was hearing a lot of stoked comments on the beach including “best day of riding ever!” I can see why with the super smooth wind at the picturesque location where we shared our love and passion for kiting with great friends! I guess you could say…it really was MAGICAL…

And on to the next Tawas Time...http://chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteboarding_messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10098

Happy Kiting!!!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Previous

Return to Open Forum