The big 2012 gear collection

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

The big 2012 gear collection

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 am

The brands are busy as normally to get their new 2012 gear promoted. So here I will put some 2012 gear with the kick off the "Judge" of Core Kiteboarding!

This is the JUDGE "C" kite from EPIC kites. It will come in two sizes from the moment 8 and 11 meter.
The JUDGE is part of the "3rd Generation" (3G) kites from Epic. They will come only in one color which is Yellow. The Judge 8 & 11 will come with the XTEND bar with 22 meter lines plus inside the bag you will have an extra set of 18 meter lines plus a bigger loop for you CL for hooking and unhooking easier.
These kites will be available end of August. Will give you more info on the JUDGE but for now these are some pictures of the JUDGE.

Cabrinha
I just founds this amazing video:
http://youtu.be/nBynsOeVBco
Cabrinha Drifter

Bob anything to add to the Cabrinha setup?

F.One 2012 board line
A preview of the 2012 twintip boards.

All those boards will be on display at the Surf Expo in Orlando September 8-10. Ask your dealer for pre-order now or wait for a demo early September. Retail pricing will likely remain unchanged with 2011 models. All those cool boards will be widely available in early September. This is a first for F-One to have all twin tips available early.

Wainman Hawaii
Wainman Hawaii - New Gypsy
Sometimes it happens, spypictures are taken... thats more then normal
because we test the kites, where there is wind, and where there is wind others kite... ;)
We're very good in keeping secrets, but now there are some spypics from the "new" Gypsy...

SlingShot boards 2012
Slingshot Mayhem 2012
http://mediabase.hanglos.net/small/2011 ... h44fr7.JPG
The Mayhem is a full on freestyle kite board with Slingshot’s first technology.This is a totally new kite board from Slingshot and is Andy Yeats (current PKRA world Champion) board of choice and what he is riding for 2012 the board comes in only two sizes

- 132x40cm
- 136x42cm

The Mayhem has the Fast track System. This does two major things for both the board and the rider. The first is the flex, with the fast track system you have continuous flex throughout the board where as other boards have inserts these inserts are very heavy and also reduce the amount of flex in the board. The fast track system also offers the rider the world’s best option for stance on Kite boards. We at S2AS believe you should never walk out of any kitesurf shop with a kiteboard with out it being setup for you in the shop that’s all part of the service! With the fast track we are no longer limited to stand options the kite boards have up to a 57” spread so tall or short narrow or wide we can now set your kiteboard up specifically for you the rider.

The new Slingshot Mayhem also has a Fusion Tech Rail, this is the same technology you have in skateboard wheels well slingshot have put this material in the side walls of the Mayhem so no more plastic ABS rails that shatter on a hard impact, The Fusion rail improves the damping of the board and also increases the rails durability beyond anything ever seen in kiteboarding before now.

Custom Culture Graphics - no two boards are the same each board is unique and hand made in the USA not in a china factory
And also “V” Channels these will give you control through chop and clean release off the water.

Slingshot Darkside 2012
Ok so some of you have heard of this board but how many of you have ridden it or even see it in the flesh? Not many I’m guessing as these kiteboards were super limited in 2011 and I’m sure it will be the same in 2012. Like many retailers we at S2AS only had a hand full of these and could have sold so many more and let me tell you why.

The Darkside is the ultimate kiteboard that will also double up as a wake board so if you like to hit the cable as well as kitesurf the is a one board quiver that you can hit every obstacle on the way round the cable and putting full wrap boots on the Darkside is NOT a problem

Its no secret that Slingshot’s Wake program has been killing it in the USA and UK and when you look at the Darkside you can see why. Slingshot have taken all the DNA from the wakeboards and blended it with the kiteboards DNA to come up with the Darkside, a very different kiteboard.

The first thing you notice is the fins sitting way back down the rocker line of the board why is this well all of us kiters really do not want to be rider 142cm kiteboards but we know if we want to be doing wakestyle tricks landing hard and fast we need the volume, Slingshot have the answer by dropping the fins back this makes the board feel and rider smaller than a 142cm but on landing you know your on a 142cm as its just soooo forgiving to land hard and fast. Pop!? boy does this board have pop by the bucket loads too.

The Darkside again this year has Durabase, the World’s most durable base for rails and kickers or riding up the beach!

The Darskide also have the Fast track system and the Fusion rails.

At S2AS we would say this board is for Intermediate to advanced wake style only and the board comes in one size only 142 x 43.5cm

Slingshot Misfit 2012
This board has been around in the Slingshot range for years, but just like a good wine just gets better with age. Again made in the USA with fast track system for the best stance options possible, Fusion Rails to give the board more dampening and increases rail durability.

The graphics this year have also stepped up check them out.
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Re: The big 2012 gear collection

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Dutch,

Great stuff and you covered all the brands I carry. Nice. I can help fill in a couple of gaps.

First...On the Epics, you accidentally call it the Judge by Core in the first line. No biggie...you call it the Epic Judge then on. The Judge is shown with a "pulley/ring", but on kiteforum, I stated that a true C-kite cannot have any pulleys, etc at all. So Dimitri and Momi changed the design so it can be as shown with a small V bridle or tuned as a true 4 line C-kite. So riders can have it both ways. I cannot in good faith though give any feedback on how the Judge rides since none of us have had any time on it yet. Maybe soon.

Cabrinha...they will be releasing more info August first to the world with a full release of the 2012 line up. I have to say that the kite line up looks really strong. They did split up the nomad into 2 kites. The previous Nomad was a freestyle/kitelooping machine and wave kite. But, it sacrificed relaunch and some other features for wave riding. So the new Nomad is a freestyle specific/kitelooping kite. The new Drifter is the wave kite.

Wainman will be releasing info very soon on 2012 kites.

Slingshot is already shipping 2012 Rally's and I just placed my order yesterday for demos and stock kites.

Dutch..thanks again for posting the info and hope this helps.

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks for adding some additional information Bob. I kinda miss it sometimes not seeing any gear updates here on the Chicago forum. I forgot one local brand:

Jerry or West whats new on the 2012 board setup for BroKite?
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 am

Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby West » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:46 am

Always enjoy you posting the latest and greatest Maurice!! As for what is going on at BROKITE, it's our same basic quest: make the best-built twin tip in the world. It's nice to see that there are more board builders trying to do the same thing... actually improving their construction methods, instead of just stamping out a shape in a far-away factory somewhere, for kiters to cruise around on.........some might term this EVOLUTION. :)

At BROKITE, we have always marched to the beat of our own drummer....we take pride in meticulously making custom hand-built boards for ourselves, our friends and the lucky few. Our boards are built like no other board in the world, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.....just a discerning kiter!! We are constantly fine-tuning the unique way that our boards are made, so that we can continue to make the strongest, lightest, most responsive board on the globe!! Since we have no "production runs", we are able to implement changes daily, not annually.........

Currently we are testing a new lamination process ("lay-up")........we are "tinkering" with the 5G cores: adjusting the length and type of carbon used in constructing these "beams"........this is where the "rubber meets the road" for us......it is what truly sets us apart from any other board maker, no one else employs this method in their boards!!!!! We aim to increase the flex in the tips, and reduce the weight in the board, while still retaining its' overall strength. We have made three different boards for three different riders to test this new "lay-up".....

We have designed several new outlines for our boards recently, and have added an entire new line (WAKE) of boards. Our WAKE series has been very popular in Corpus, and is starting to "light it up" around the Chicago area as I type!! Jerry's innovative marking and tracking system, "the window to the soul", is now being used on our boards; and will make it much easier for riders to recover "lost" boards!!

As you can see, we are still trying to make a better board.....because we HAVE to.....and we won't stop the mission until we just can't make a better one.................until then, continue to enjoy riding on the latest and greatest BROKITE board, and ride free and easy, knowing that your are skimming along on the finest built stik on the third stone from the SUN!!!!!!!!

...........nice to see Slingshot "touting" that they are actually "hand-building" some of their boards in the USofA!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby BRO » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for adding some additional information Bob. I kinda miss it sometimes not seeing any gear updates here on the Chicago forum. I forgot one local brand:

Jerry or West whats new on the 2012 board setup for BroKite?

Thanks for thinking about us. We are just doing the same old thing here at Brokite, making the best twintip on plant earth. We custom build our boards one at a time and we are always looking for ways to improve our boards and construction methoods. Find West or any of the Bros and take one for a ride.
BRO
Pump Master

Return to Open Forum