Nice to meet you

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Nice to meet you

Postby SilverSurfer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi,
I have arrived one month ago in chicago from France. I am used to practice kitesurfing. But i couldn't bring my kites and boards with me. So i have several questions for you :
Where we can kitesurfing here ??? Somebody has ever try to ride in downtown ?? I didn't see any forbidden sign...

Is it possible to rent kitesurf equipment somewhere ?

How is the wind currently ? Smooth or gusty ?

Thank you !

SilverSurfer
SilverSurfer
Kiter Noob

Re: Nice to meet you

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Bonjour Silversurfer,

It is officially forbidden to ride anywhere down town besides Montrose Beach. Please refer to this page for more information about kitesurfing in Chicago:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9791

Second: No renting available in the Chicago Area as far as I know of. Sorry to bring you the bad news.

Third: Wind conditions here in the Chicago area are not as amazing as you would expect on the French coastal lines. It is a lot of driving to different kitespots here in the Area.

Other than that, keep an eye on the were to ride section and see if you can catch a glimp of the Chicago shores!

Bonsoir! Maurice
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Like To Kite » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 am

Hi, welcome to Chicago!

We are probably heading out on Wednesday if you would like to join us. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10122

I have some demo gear available if you would like to try some kites and boards out and also have great deals on gear if you are looking to buy.

Thanks and hope to kite with you soon!

Happy Kiting!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Postby SilverSurfer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:44 pm

thank you dutchkiteboarder for your advice !

@ likte to kite : thank you for you proposition but i work wenesday. But i am free every saturday ! So if i can't kitesurfing i could filming you (in 3d, i have a 3d camcorder)

bye
SilverSurfer
Kiter Noob

Return to Open Forum