local kite shop? boardshort harness?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

local kite shop? boardshort harness?

Postby oceanwalker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:29 pm

hey folks,

there's no local kite shop in chicago, right? am looking for a new bladder & harness.

also, any opinions on boardshort harnesses where the harness is integrated with shorts (e.g. by liquid force)-- in terms of comfort & durability..? i like the idea of less extra gear but not sure it actually works.

thanks! :)
13.5m naish cult 2010 | 9m naish x-1 sle 2007
oceanwalker
Board Monkey

Re: local kite shop? boardshort harness?

Postby skysurfr » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:59 am

Windward Boardshop on North Clark Street has wetsuits, harnesses, etc. No bladders. You'll have to call airtime for bladders. The shop is south of wrigley a couple of blocks. Call and see what they have. All the old stock was 50% off the last I heard.

They are primarily a snowboard and sup shop.

If you know exact ally what you want, Windward can ordered it, as can Bob from Madison. He ships to Chicago and has served us well.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: local kite shop? boardshort harness?

Postby dbur » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I used both LF and Dakine boardshorts harnesses... Dakine is better IMO, I stopped using LF after few sessions
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum