@ Polo

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

@ Polo

Postby V » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:01 am

Hey polo, speaking of amps, check out some of my work, last pick is a new solid walnut 1x12 with a scumback m75...lets compare notes sometime! Definitely fun building amps and pedals. I've modded my ukulele by adding a piezo and controls to the lower bout, and rewired my les paul I think the next project is going to be a home built guitar (though I'll probably buy the neck as that seems pointless to do all that work):

V
Unstrapped!

Re: @ Polo

Postby West » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:25 am

I was wondering what you were doing while I was chasing down the wind.......... :roll:
West
Wind Whore

Postby schuss8899 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:32 am

I believe I found that marconi wizardo set under the tree one xmas long ago.
schuss8899
Resident Windfreak

Postby skysurfr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am

I shoulda saved my grandpa's tube tester....

Did you make the cabinet?
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby STF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Now i know why i have not seen you in awhile
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby V » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Made the cab...only took about 4hrs actually (minus glue dry time, etc). Sou ds awesome, neighbors hate it haha

I may not have been chasin wind but i have been movin speaker cones sendin wind to the crew.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Safe_Cracker » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:39 pm

That's badass!! Great craftsmanship! The old tube amps are so much better at reproducing a much more warm sound than fets can usually provide with a dampening effect of over 500, anything more would sound muddy. Most of the amps I deal with are of class D sizes of 1500 rms or greater, stable down to 1/4 or even 1/8 ohm. My 2001 Pontiac grand prix had a single 15" sub (tc sounds 5200) quad coil configuration, titanium cone. the driver had a one way linear excursion of 54mm , had a hard time keeping windshield seals in lol. I think I had more fun repairing than building, love to tinker and modify stuff.. None of my stuff was built to be pretty but to compete SPL. Here is a few pics..

I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby Safe_Cracker » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Love the cabinet any frontal shots ? :wink:

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby Northerner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 pm

V, as a wood shop teacher I approve of your cabinet, both in the wood chosen and the joinery used.

A+ work buddy.

Good chance for wind up here this weekend, so save your amp building for the winter and come up and ride.

Got it really good yesterday in Two Rivers (finally!!) though I lost my kite on the last trick of the night. Did a F-16, lost the bar on the landing and my leash pt tore off my harness. Wind was Side Side On but my kite still drifted out due to the way it sat in the water. Thankfully the last kiter on the water came downwind to help and dragged me to my drifting kite where I self rescued in.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Sweet work polo! RollingAudio for the reggae vibes. I love it! I should have you design me a system when I get a new ride...

I'll take a full shot of the cab when I put on the grill cloth which is presently in the mail...its gonna be sweet. Right now its just the speaker and a wood hole and I took the shot(s) so I can show the grain...

Northerner, oh yea? I'll check the forecast. I wouldn't mind a road trip and hang with the Hamms crew - been a while, though I saw Pena in Chicago last time he came through town. Nice to see you Sheboygan guys actually leaving that place every once in a while! :wink:

last time I saw you, you were in Pena's living room wearing your wetsuit and hoodie. haha... funny stuff. glad you got your kite back!
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum