Looking for an instructor for Oct-May

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Looking for an instructor for Oct-May

Postby urjc22 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:56 pm

All,
A friend of mine runs the Kiteboarding operation at Hawk's Cay Resort in the Floirda Keys. He is looking for a kiteboarding / SUP instructor for October - May. The job qualifications are below... I know Aaron and he would be a great person to work with. The Florida Keys are fabulous and the kiting is spectacular.

"We are looking for a person with great work ethics to instruct kiteboarding and help operate the stand up paddleboard rental and tour portion of Florida Keys Kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding at MM 61 Duck Key's Hawks Cay Resort Marina. We are looking for a mature, non keys diseased, drug free person who can present 4 star resort quality work ethics. One who is looking to grow with the company, and willing to take on special projects. Please email resume, contact information, and questions. Good pay, no benefits other than all the paddleboarding you can handle. Bonuses for record rental days. Must be able to lift paddleboards regularly and deal with the heat in the summer and the cold fronts in the winter. Seasonal is ok. The wind starts in the fall and ends in the spring. Please respond via email." aaronosters@gmail.com
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Re: Looking for an instructor for Oct-May

Postby adseguy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Does "Non keys diseased" mean what I think it means? Cause if so, that's hilarious!! :lol: :lol: No one wants the locals to work because they are too lazy?
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby urjc22 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am

Adrien -
I believe you are spot on. Not necessarily lazy, just not reliable!

anyways, Aaron is a great guy to work for and the resort is pristine!
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby STF » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I like the sound of this. what is the living situation down there? What does the avg. place rent for a month?

what area/where would one look for rentals down there?

thanks

Schiff
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby urjc22 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 am

Schiff -
To be honest, I am not too tapped into the rental market down there. My parents have a condo their so I generally just stay there when I go on vacation. What I can tell you is that the market down there has been hit (not as hard as the rest of florida, but still hurting). The place to look for rentals is Marathon Key. It is about 5-7 miles south of the kiteboarding school/resort. You could even manage to find something right on duck key if lucky. I have included a link to the resort below. I definitely suggest contacting Aaron. He is a great guy and has become a good friend of mine over the past few years when I have been down there kiting. I know that last year there were days where he could have used 3-5 instructors and he is currently building a second boat so he can meet demand this season. The wind is generally pretty good down there for most of the season and for non-wind days, there is tons to do.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help, otherwise, get in touch with Aaron.

http://www.hawkscay.com/
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby urjc22 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Position is still open. This is a great opportunity to make some money and have an awesome winter down in the Keys.
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Return to Open Forum