Review 19 meter flysurfer speed 3

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Review 19 meter flysurfer speed 3

Postby snowball » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Flysurfer speed 3 19 meter foil kite

Just wanted to write a quick review of how amazing this kite is.

Amazed at the amount of power and stability. Handheld wind meter says 9 mph I am lit once I got out there I actually had to depower the kite a little bit.

Kite flys park and ride you do not need to work it in fact the kite does not like being worked to hard.

Jumps in 10 knots. I didn’t have my heal straps so didn’t try any rolls or tricks but seemed like there was definite potential.

Negatives – Bar pressure.

Overall spectacular kite defiantly innovation into the future of light wind riding for anyone that can get there hands on one of these babys.

Keep in mind I only weigh 155 this kite would make a great addition for a heavy riders quiver or as a super light wind kite.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Review 19 meter flysurfer speed 3

Postby STF » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 pm

minus the outrages cost of this thing. And from what ive been reading youd be better with an Epic Infinity or that fat mama, or the ozone one.

Still would love one in my quiver though :D :D :D :D
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby gbleck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

High bar pressure you say? What did you have the wac set on? It's adjustable bar pressure you know. Although I don't find the hard seting on the 15 all that hard. Could be I'm compairing it to a kahoona and the xbow3/contra3 though.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby dbur » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 pm

having tried it, I don't find any minuses except for the cost, bridle mess, folding tips and problematic self landing , bar pressure is fine (especially compared to kahoona's, not that they are in the same league), but otherwise reasonably responsive for it's size, pulls like a train and yet goes upwind really well...
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum