Does anyone remember the 2006 waroo promo video?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Does anyone remember the 2006 waroo promo video?

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:11 pm

I cant seem to find it anywhere?

That video was awesome, can someone post a link.

I remember wanting the "new 2006 waroo" so bad lol I still think i can rip harder and jump higher on my 07's then the 2011's :wink:
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Does anyone remember the 2006 waroo promo video?

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnKq3BGB_6s

Way more impressive then the new videos. You are all buying into the hype and new graphics :P
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby adseguy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Wasn't that one of the first SLE/Bow kites around? I know back in 08/09 it was still a huge hit!

I remember this video too. Awesome blast from the near past
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby smpl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 pm

the beginning of the end...
smpl
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 am

You keep your C-kite Brian and watch me boost above you, use the same kite in more AND less wind, and relaunch faster. 8) :lol: Suck it kiwi!
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby West » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 am

Yeah just imagine all of the waves we would be riding on those "great" C kites..........Come on Brian, you sound like an old motorhead who laments that the musclecars are a thing of the past....they had their day, but that day was just a building block for the future young man..........."C's" were awesome for flat water, consistent winds, and expert kiters..........thank the stars for evolution!!!!!!! We used to get pummeled relentlessly in our gusty Lake Michigan conditions before V brought the REV to town......rode a new Fuel in Sheboygan this June, awwwwwwww mannnnnnnn; on, off, on, off, twitch, on, twitch, off!!!!!!! You can have those "C" kites buddy, you are young enough to take the beating. :wink:

Had buddies on Maui swear by the '06 Waroo...Best changed it in '07 and then went back to it in '08 due to the numerous complaints on the "improvments" of the '07 model. Definitely a classic...Cabrinha was the first on the block with the SLE; Best failed to acknowledge "patent rights" and went ahead and made their own version of the SLE....hence one of the reasons for the dislike of Best in the industry, and one of the variables that allowed them to offer their kites at "rock-bottom" prices...their R&D consisted of "borrowing" someone else's IDEA, and it didn't sit well with the establishment!!!

As for the video, never seen it, but I rode with Bucky Ashcroft down in Corpus many times.....and the things he used to do on those '06 Waroos just blew my mind. :shock: I will have to check out the video Henry....good job digging it up!

Maybe Noah will "chime in" and give us his "2 cents".........
West
Wind Whore

Postby noabacca » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:19 am

When it comes to 5M and 7M winds, I will rock the 'roos every time.
I have had no luck making 7M or smaller C-kites work in our locale.
Not enough low end in the lulls or you're fighting the bucking things in the puffs.

However, I much prefer C-kites in sizes 11M to 17M. They just make sense to me.
I like mine on a 5th-line, and they will relaunch better in the spring when we have
the "cold cap" layer. It is a known fact that SLE's very often have a problem at that time with not enough reverse to get off the water.

If given the opportunity, I will challenge anybody to a timed relaunch with my 17M or 15M vs their light wind SLE.

Now, for a correction to West's revisionist history.
In 2006, when the magical 9M Waroo became available,
there was nothing in the Cabrina (BOW only) family that could touch it.
Remember double-depower bars with the pullies, yuck.

I don't think Cabrinha even had a one-to-one option 'til 2007, if not a mid-year release after BEST blew the doors off with the 2006 Waroo on the one-to-one bar with straight and light bar pressure and direct and separate connections to the rear line pig-tails on the kite. Ain't nothing the same with the Cabrinha's at the time.

So Cabrinha, in my recall, was forced to adapt by BEST.
See if West can provide some evidence that I am wrong.
If the Waroo SLE was a copy, then it was of a GK Sonic, if anything at all. 8)

Cabrinha BOW copy, HA!
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby Rorke » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:19 am

The first time I got on a Waroo (early '07),
I was instantly 3x as good,
stayed out 5x as long,
and had 10x the fun.
It took zero time to get used to.

In '06(?) Rodney had a Sonic in Waukegan. It was very similar to the Waroos that started showing up.
I agree with Noah that Best may have borrowed from GK. Did GK borrow from Cabrinha?

Looking back, I wish I had bought a quiver of Waroo's. They were better than my next 3 kites. Oh well.

Double Depower sucked dump.
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 am

Okay, I need to chime in on this. Bow kites are made for beginners/intermediates or wave riders because of their depower. They do not jump higher then C-kites. Only reason why people think bow kites jump higher is because they are used to cruising at 5 mph and then sending the kite up and pulling in on the bar. This technique DOES NOT work with c-kites. To get the most height you need to go into the jump hauling ass and have the right pop. Jumping with bow kites is not as exciting as c-kites because you don't get that crazy out of control lift that you get from c's. Don't even get me started on turning speed and pop..............
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:12 pm

fact bow kites jump higher then c kites because you can hold down more power thus jump higher. some people just think that its cool and use old tech.

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Artem » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Yea you can hold down more power but you need monkey arms......
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:38 pm

No i use the trim so i ride with the bar all the way in.

Then why am i always jumping higher then you? haha

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Artem » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 am

Because we use the same sized kite and I'm 40 pounds more then you...............
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Excuses lol

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

I bought my 06 16m Waroo from Artem (Hulkaroo), it turned fast, was docile, smooth and had a lot of low end grunt. I sold it to Blake in Canada. Sounds like a challenge to me guys lol. Polo

Getty NOT Jetty.... :wink:
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Return to Open Forum